Rich and creamy, this chicken pot pie soup has all of the flavors of a fresh baked pot pie. Best of all it is low carb and gluten free.
- olive oil
- sea salt
- onion powder
- black pepper
- chicken stock
- heavy cream
- sharp cheddar cheese
- frozen peas
For more of a true chicken pot pie feel, I like to serve this with a batch of keto biscuits or crackers. Here are some of my favorite recipes - Keto Cheddar Dill Biscuits, Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits, White Cheddar Sausage Biscuits, Parmesan Chive, and Garlic Crackers, Rosemary and Thyme Crackers
Of course, if you wanted to go a more traditional route, while still keeping things low carb, I have a recipe for that too - Keto Chicken Pot Pie
How to convert for slow cooker
Converting this Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe to slow cooker couldn't be any easier. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. If you are home and have the time, I recommend waiting to add the cheese and heavy cream until the final hour.
Substitutions and Swaps
- Want to lower the carbs even further? Substitute the carrots and peas with lower carb vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, bell peppers, or onions.
- Need to make this dairy free? Omit the cheese and substitute the heavy cream with full fat coconut milk.
- Use turkey in place of chicken. You can also use ground chicken, ground turkey, or even ground beef. I get all of my grass-fed, grass finished beef, heritage pork, organic chicken and sustainable seafood here
Other soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Easy Peasy Keto Wonton-less Soup
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Beer Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato, and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Home for the Holidays - 25 Classic Holiday Recipes Made Low Carb
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Want more low carb soup and stew recipes?
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup? In this ebook, there are 30 creative and delicious soup recipes. They utilize common every day ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store -no weird specialty ingredients here. So break out your Dutch oven, stock pot, and slow cooker, because it is soup season! These recipes are hearty enough to make a full meal, and perfect for meal prep. I like to make each one in a double batch and freeze half for later - cook once, eat twice. CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup - low carb, gluten free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Method: Simmer
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (I get all of my chicken here)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot, over medium heat. Add the celery and carrots and sauté until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken, garlic, salt, thyme, onion powder and black pepper. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour a little bit of the chicken stock into the pot to deglaze. Scrape up and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the remaining chicken stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, cheddar cheese and peas, simmer for an addition 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
net carbs per serving: 3.1g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 21.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 24.6g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, chicken pot pie soup, gluten free soup, comfort food recipes, chicken recipes, soup recipes