This Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup is rich and creamy, with all of the flavors of a fresh baked low carb chicken pot pie. Tender chicken breast, sautéed with onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and peas, in a rich creamy broth.
Ingredients in Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken: For this chicken pot pie soup recipe, I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you could also use chicken thighs or even shredded rotisserie chicken. (Try this Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup Recipe)
- Celery: This recipe calls for 2 ribs of celery. You could also add extra onion, use shallots, or even leeks.
- Carrots: Carrots are a staple in traditional pot pie recipes. If you are looking to lower the carb count of this keto pot pie soup recipe even further, you can omit them or add any of your other favorite low carb vegetables.
- Peas: ½ cup of peas is roughly 6 net carbs. While peas aren't normally thought of as a low carb food, 6 carbs spread across an entire recipe adds negligible carbs to each serving.
- Heavy Cream: The cream adds a rich silkiness, while also helping to thicken the soup. To make it even thicker and creamier, add an additional ½ cup heavy cream or 4 ounces softened cream cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese: I used sharp white cheddar cheese, but medium cheddar, Colby jack, or even mozzarella would also work.
- Chicken Stock: If you do not have chicken stock on hand, you could also make this using beef stock or vegetable stock.
What to serve with Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
For more of a true chicken pot pie feel, I like to serve this with a batch of keto biscuits or crackers. Here are some of my favorite recipes - Keto Cheddar Dill Biscuits, Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits, White Cheddar Sausage Biscuits, Parmesan Chive, and Garlic Crackers, Rosemary and Thyme Crackers
Of course, if you wanted to go a more traditional route, while still keeping things low carb, I have a recipe for that too - Keto Chicken Pot Pie
How to make chicken pot pie soup in the slow cooker
Converting this Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe to slow cooker couldn't be any easier. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. If you are home and have the time, I recommend waiting to add the cheese and heavy cream until the final hour.
Substitutions and Swaps
- Want to lower the carbs even further? Substitute the carrots and peas with lower carb vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, bell peppers, or onions.
- Need to make this dairy free? Omit the cheese and substitute the heavy cream with full fat coconut milk.
- Use turkey in place of chicken. You can also use ground chicken, ground turkey, or even ground beef. I get all of my grass-fed, grass finished beef, heritage pork, organic chicken and sustainable seafood here
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Easy Peasy Keto Wonton-less Soup
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato, and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
More Low Carb Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.