This warm and comforting Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup has all the flavors of a cheeseburger, but in a delicious soup. It’s as though you can taste each individual condiment.
A bacon cheeseburger reimagined as a keto soup
Not only is this keto soup rich and filling, but it manages to capture all the flavors of a juicy, delicious cheeseburger. It’s as if you can even taste each individual condiment. This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes. I am a year round soup eater. Hot or cold weather, soup always sound delicious to me. Who’s with me?
An entire book of low carb soups and stews
Low carb soup recipes are my jam! In fact, I love them so much that back in 2013, I wrote an entire Slow Cooker Soups and Stews Ebook. This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of the recipes from that book. I’ve made it so many times on my Instagram, that I felt it was only fair that after all these years, I finally share it here as well.
A lot of low carb and keto soup recipes utilize xanthan gum to thicken the broth, but I prefer not to. This gluten free soup recipe is thickened with the use of cheese and heavy cream. I have always been a fan of cream based low carb soups. Actually, Who am I kidding? I am just a big fan of soup in general.
Converting this recipe for stovetop
One of the most common questions I get on a lot of my slow cooker soup recipes is how to covert them to stovetop, so for this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe, I gave instructions for both. However, I feel like I need to tell you that you should probably make a double batch! It is that good. Every time we make this, there are never any leftovers, no matter how much I make. In fact, I have to make triple batch in order to have some for our weekly meal planning and low carb food prep. It is one of those soup recipes that just gets better and better as the days go by. It also reheats really well!
Other keto soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Creamy Cajun Sausage and Potato Soup
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Low Carb Creamy Reuben Soup
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Easy Peasy Keto Wonton-Less Soup
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Keto Smoked Sausage Cheddar Soup
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 medium tomato, diced (or a 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat the slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic until the ground beef is browned and cooked all the way through. Drain the excess grease and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and heavy cream and and cook 1 additional hour.
- Add bacon just before serving.
- Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onions, and garlic, and cook until the ground beef is browned and cooked through.
- Add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream, reduce the heat to low, cover and stirring occasionally, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add bacon just before serving.
net carbs per serving: 3g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 30.9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 19.1g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, bacon cheeseburger soup, low carb soup, gluten free soup recipes, ground beef recipes, keto beef recipes