This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup has all the flavors of a cheeseburger, but in soup form. It’s even as though you can taste each individual condiment. So warm and comforting.
A delicious cheeseburger reimagined as a keto soup
Not only is this keto soup rich and filling, but it manages to capture all the flavors of a juicy, delicious cheeseburger. It’s as if you can even taste each individual condiments too. This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes. I am a year round soup eater. Hot or cold weather, soup always sound delicious to me. Who’s with me?
Searching for low carb soup recipes?
Low carb soup recipes are my jam! In fact, I love them so much that several years ago, I wrote an entire Slow Cooker Soups and Stews Ebook. This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of the recipes from that book. I’ve made it so many times on my Instagram, that I felt it was only fair that after all these years, I finally share it here as well.
A lot of low carb and keto soup recipes utilize xanthan gum to thicken the broth, but I prefer not to. This gluten free soup recipe is thickened with the use of cheese and heavy cream. I have always been a fan of cream based low carb soups. Actually, Who am i kidding? I am just a big fan of soup in general.
One of the most common questions I get on a lot of my slow cooker soup recipes is how to covert them to stovetop, so for this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe, I gave instructions for both. However, I feel like I need to tell you that you should probably make a double batch! It is that good. Every time we make this, there are never any leftovers, no matter how much I make. In fact, I have to make triple batch in order to have some for our weekly meal planning and low carb food prep. It is one of those soup recipes that just gets better and better as the days go by. It also reheats really well!
This low carb, high fat soup is only about 300 calories and only 3 net grams of carbs. With macros like that, you can afford to have two servings.
Do you have a favorite low carb soup recipe to enjoy on those cold, blustery fall and winter days?
In addition to this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup, check out some of my other favorite low carb soup recipes:
- Low Carb Creamy Reuben Soup
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Easy Peasy Keto Wonton-Less Soup
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Keto Smoked Sausage Cheddar Soup
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 medium tomato, diced (or a 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat the slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic until the ground beef is browned and cooked all the way through. Drain the excess grease and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and heavy cream and and cook 1 additional hour.
- Add bacon just before serving.
- Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onions, and garlic, and cook until the ground beef is browned and cooked through.
- Add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream, reduce the heat to low, cover and stirring occasionally, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add bacon just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 306
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 3 net g
- Protein: 13g
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding