Warm and comforting, this Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup has all the delicious flavors of a freshly baked pot pit, but is soup form and without all the extra carbs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (I get all of my chicken here)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot, over medium heat. Add the celery and carrots and sauté until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken, garlic, salt, thyme, onion powder and black pepper. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour a little bit of the chicken stock into the pot to deglaze. Scrape up and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the remaining chicken stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, cheddar cheese and peas, simmer for an addition 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
For a thicker, creamier soup, add more heavy cream and cheese.
net carbs per serving: 3.1g
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 21.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 24.6g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, chicken pot pie soup, gluten free soup, comfort food recipes, chicken recipes, soup recipes