These Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers are the perfect savory and crunchy low carb snack. A great gluten free cracker for all sorts of dips, dressings, and sauces.
The perfect savory snack: Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers
This crunchy cracker recipe has a super satisfying texture and it’s loaded with flavor. Rosemary and thyme are a deliciously herby pair that combine so well with the nuttiness of almond flour and sunflower seed flour. The savory flavors are amplified by onion powder, garlic powder, and salt, with just a little fatty goodness from butter. Think of all the ways you could dip these keto crackers or load them up with meats and cheeses like keto Lunchables (remember those?). The possibilities are endless with so many ways to snack. My favorite way to serve them is with some softened goat cheese smeared on top. YUM!
How to make gluten free crackers
When it comes to gluten free snacks, it’s not always easy to find low carb crackers. Just because something is gluten free doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily low carb. Even the almond flour crackers I’ve seen at the grocery store are loaded with tapioca starch and cassava flour. These Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers are the best of both worlds: made with a base of almond flour and sunflower seed flour, they’re low carb AND gluten free.
If you’re looking for dairy free keto recipes, or you want to make this a keto Whole30 recipe, just swap the butter for butter flavored coconut oil. It adds healthy saturated fat and buttery flavor without the dairy.
Some other flavor combinations for these almond flour crackers:
With this keto cracker recipe, you can easily customize the flavors to your personal preference. Here are just a few flavor suggestions:
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Ginger and turmeric
- Chili lime and cumin
- Chive and Parmesan (nutritional yeast in place of parmesan for dairy free)
I recommend making a double or triple batch, then flavoring each batch differently. You can use the different flavors to build a pretty epic keto charcuterie board. Be sure to let me know what seasonings you use to make custom flavor pairings in the comments below.
In addition to these Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers, check out some of my other favorite gluten free snacks:
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites
- Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs
- Pepperoni Pizza Chips
- Garlic Dill Baked Cucumber Chips
- Keto Candied Nuts with Bacon
- Antipasto Kebabs
- Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers
Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers
A quick and easy, savory keto cracker recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 40 crackers 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed flour (I get it here)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (butter flavored coconut oil for dairy free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the almond flour, sunflower seed flour, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the melted butter and eggs, and gently whisk with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using your hands, mix until it forms a dough. Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Cut out crackers using a 2 inch round cookie cutter. Line the crackers in a single layer across the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process of rolling the dough and cutting out the crackers until the dough has all been used.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crackers are golden in color. Keep a close eye on them so that they do not burn. Remove from the oven and place the crackers on a wire rack to crisp up.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
net carbs per serving (4 crackers): 2.4g
- Serving Size: 4 crackers
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 14.3g
Keywords: keto crackers, low carb crackers, gluten free crackers, almond flour cracker repipe, keto snacks, gluten free snacks