These Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites are warm, chewy and so delicious that you would never guess they are low carb and gluten free.
How to make Everything Bagel Bites
These keto bagel bites start with my Everything But the Bagel recipe. It’s a seasoning I add to almost everything. I like to sprinkle some Everything But the Bagel seasoning on my salads, eggs, avocado, keto bread, Everything Bagel Dogs, and more. The EBB seasoning takes this recipe to the next level because it offers a great crunch and lots of flavor.
What is fathead dough?
Chances are, if you’ve been low carb or keto for a while, you’ve likely seen fathead pizza, fathead bagels, fathead everything. You may have also seen it go by the name magic mozzarella dough, cheese dough or even chaffles. It has seriously become a staple for those living a low carb and keto lifestyle. But what is fathead dough?
Fathead dough is a low carb dough made out of cheese, cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, and a gluten free flour. In this recipe, I’m using almond flour because it’s a great option for keto baking. If you switch up this recipe with a different low carb flour, just know that your results may vary. Information on substituting almond flour with coconut flour for a nut free keto bagel recipe.
The next steps for creating these gluten free bagel bites
From there, this recipe is a pretty traditional keto bagel recipe: you make the fathead dough, then roll it into 24 bagel bite balls. Then, cut a block of cold cream cheese into 24 even cubes — keeping the cream cheese cold is key! Once you have all the bagel bites balled up, you’ll gently press your thumb into the center of each ball to create a pocket. Then put a piece of cream cheese inside each pocket, shape the dough to seal the cream cheese into the center and move on to the egg wash. You can also roll the balls out flat, put the cream cheese in the center and then form the dough around it.
After the egg wash, the keto bagel bites are ready to be rolled in Everything But the Bagel seasoning, then baked until golden brown and immediately enjoyed! Even if you have to prep my Everything But the Bagel seasoning first, this recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. This keto appetizer recipe is so easy to throw together. I recommend making a double batch and serving these gluten free bagel bites warm, just don’t be surprised when they’re gone in minutes.
From there, this recipe is a pretty traditional keto bagel recipe: you make the fathead dough, then roll it into 24 bagel bite balls. Then, cut a block of cold cream cheese into 24 even cubes — keeping the cream cheese cold is key! Once you have all the bagel bites balled up, you’ll gently press your thumb into the center of each ball to create a pocket. Then put a piece of cream cheese inside each pocket, shape the dough to seal the cream cheese into the center and move on to the egg wash.
Keto dips & sauces for these stuffed bagel bites
If you know me, you know I love dipping sauces. I like to serve these Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites, with Three Cheese Garlic Marinara Sauce and Keto Ranch Dressing. Really, they’re good with everything, or just on their own. They are like little flavor explosions with each bite.
Gluten free bagel bites are the perfect low carb appetizer
Whether you’re looking for a keto appetizer recipe for Monday night football, monthly game night, a low carb get together, or you’re planning for your next keto holiday party, this recipe is the perfect gluten free option to please a crowd. I mean, who doesn’t love bagel bites? And these bagel bites are gluten free, low carb, and keto. Win-win-win. I can tell you with absolute certainty that these stuffed bagel bites will be grazing our counter for the Super Bowl party.
Craving something sweet? Try my dessert bagel bites
For a quick keto dessert recipe, double the batch and make keto Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Bites, inspired by my Keto Cinnamon Sugar (Free) Bagels. The instructions and method are very similar, but instead of using onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in the dough, you replace it with equal parts cinnamon and the keto sweetener of your choice. Instead of sprinkling the bagel bites with Everything But the Bagel, roll them in a 1:1 mixture of granular erythritol and cinnamon.
In addition to these keto bagel bites, check out some of my other favorite low carb bagel recipes:
- Keto Pizza Bagels
- Keto Bagel Dogs
- Gluten Free Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Low Carb Everything Bagels
- Keto Cinnamon “Sugar” Bagels
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 bagel bites 1x
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use this brand of spices)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups low fat, part skim shredded mozzarella
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cold
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined. I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash for the top of the bagels. The other two eggs will go in the dough.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Roll the dough into 24 even sized balls. Cut the block of cream cheese into 24 equal sized squares.
- Take each dough ball and gently press your thumb into the center of it to create a pocket. Put a piece of cream cheese inside the pocket and shape the dough around it to seal the cream cheese into the center.
- Pour the bagel seasoning into a shallow bowl.
- Brush egg wash over each bagel bite and then roll it in the bagel seasoning.
- Place the coated bagel bites in a single layer across the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
net carbs per serving (4 bagel bites): 6g
- Serving Size: 4 bagel bites
- Calories: 526
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29.2g
Keywords: keto bagels, low carb bagels, gluten free bagel recipe, keto recipes, low carb recipes, sugar free