These Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites are warm, chewy and so delicious that you would never guess they are low carb and gluten free.
- Almond Flour - for this recipe, I recommend using a blanched almond flour or a super fine almond flour. Additionally, it makes a much better dough if you run the almond flour through a sifter
- Mozzarella Cheese - for the overall success of this recipe, it is important to use a pre-shredded, low moisture, part skin mozzarella cheese
- Cream Cheese - I recommend using a full fat cream cheese. It is lower in carbs and give the dough a better texture.
- Bagel Seasoning - any store-bought bagel seasoning will work for this recipe, but I recommend making your own. Try my Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend Recipe
Step By Step Instructions
1. Combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe mixing bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir to combine. If necessary, continue microwaving in 20 second increments until all ingredients are melted and well combined.
3. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Add to the bowl with the melted cheese, along with 2 of the eggs and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined and it has started to form a thick fathead dough mixture.
5. Form the dough into 24 evenly sized balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Flatten each dough ball and place some cream cheese in the center. Form the dough around the cream cheese, back into the shape of a ball. Alternately, you can press your thumb into the dough ball to create a pocket for the cream cheese and then seal the dough around it.
7. Whisk the remaining egg to make an egg wash. Dip each dough ball in the egg wash and then coat it in the bagel seasoning. Bake at 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fathead dough is a low carb dough made out of cheese, cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, and a gluten free flour. In this recipe, I’m using almond flour because it’s a great option for keto baking. If you switch up this recipe with a different low carb flour, just know that your results may vary. Information on substituting almond flour with coconut flour for a nut free keto bagel recipe.
Yes, absolutely. In fact, I have several other keto bagel recipes on my site and may already have what you are looking for - Keto Everything Bagels, Cinnamon Sugar (free) Bagels, Everything Bagel Dogs, and even Keto Pizza Bagels.
No, you do not. They just add some extra flavor. Feel free to mix and match any seasonings you prefer, or omit them altogether.
How to make dessert bagel bites
For a quick keto dessert recipe, double the batch and make keto Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Bites, inspired by my Keto Cinnamon Sugar (Free) Bagels. The instructions and method are very similar, but instead of using onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in the dough, you replace it with equal parts cinnamon and the keto sweetener of your choice. Instead of sprinkling the bagel bites with Everything But the Bagel, roll them in a 1:1 mixture of granular erythritol and cinnamon.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops
- Keto Baked Feta Pasta with Tomatoes
- Gluten Free Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Hasselback Pizza Chicken
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Cider Dijon Dressing
- Shrimp Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup