A deliciously comforting keto treat - Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites. Perfect to serve with marinara sauce, ranch, or even a piping hot bowl of soup.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use this brand of spices)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups low fat, part skim shredded mozzarella
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cold
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined. I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash for the top of the bagels. The other two eggs will go in the dough.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Roll the dough into 24 even sized balls. Cut the block of cream cheese into 24 equal sized squares.
- Take each dough ball and gently press your thumb into the center of it to create a pocket. Put a piece of cream cheese inside the pocket and shape the dough around it to seal the cream cheese into the center.
- Pour the bagel seasoning into a shallow bowl.
- Brush egg wash over each bagel bite and then roll it in the bagel seasoning.
- Place the coated bagel bites in a single layer across the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
- If you have trouble forming the dough, or if it becomes sticky, simply wet your hands with a little bit of water.
- If you would like to make these ahead of time and freeze them to cook later, they make an excellent bake-from-frozen treat.
net carbs per serving (4 bagel bites): 6g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 4 bagel bites
- Calories: 526
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29.2g
Keywords: keto bagels, low carb bagels, gluten free bagel recipe, keto recipes, low carb recipes, sugar free