These shrimp cakes are quick and easy to mix up and they only take about 5 minutes to cook. Crispy and golden brown on the outside, loaded with tender, juicy shrimp on the inside. They are amazing served with remoulade, Keto Yum yum Sauce or a spicy garlic mayo.
- shrimp - You can use pre-cooked shrimp or raw shrimp for this recipe. You can even substitute crab. (I get my fresh seafood here)
- garlic - If you dont have any fresh garlic on hand, add some garlic powder, dried minced garlic, or even sub in any of your other favorite alliums.
- crushed pork rinds - The pork rinds serve as a binder. This is what helps the shrimp cakes stay together, but also keeps them low in carbs (I use this brand)
- mayonnaise - You can leave this out and the recipe will still turn out delicious. I like to add it because it adds a bit of creaminess to the patties. (get my homemade mayo recipe here)
- sea, pepper, paprika - these are pretty standard seasoning for shrimp cakes. You could also use your favorite cajun seasoning or even a blackened seasoning.
- olive oil - this is just for pan-frying the shrimp cakes. You could also use avocado oil, coconut oil, or any other high smoke point oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recipe works great with raw or pre-cooked shrimp. Just make sure that in either case, you dry the shrimp very well so that the patties do not fall apart.
I like to serve these with my homemade Remoulade Sauce recipe or Keto yum yum Sauce, but they are also amazing with this Garlic Dill Tartar Sauce or Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Aioli. Any type of spicy mayo would be great also.
Yes, I recommend fulling thawing the shrimp first and then drying it really well before chopping it.
To keep these shrimp cakes gluten free, I used pork rinds as my binder in place of breadcrumbs, Panko, or breeding. You could also use blanched almond flour, or golden flaxseed meal.
- If you aren't concerned with keeping these shrimp cakes low carb or whole30, you can substitute Panko for the pork rinds
- If you aren't a fan of pork rinds, you can substitute equal parts almond flour and Parmesan cheese
- Want to add more veggies? These are excellent with chopped bell peppers added
- For a whole30 compliant mayo, I recommend making your own, or using Primal Kitchen
- You can substitute crab for the shrimp, or do a mixture of both
More Keto Seafood Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.