This quick and easy homemade keto tartar sauce recipe puts a garlicky spin on an old classic. You can whip it up in less than 10 minutes and it is deliciously creamy and tangy. Once you make this Garlic Dill Tartar Sauce, you will never go back to store-bought again. Serve it on Shrimp Cakes or Crispy Fish Nuggets.
Ingredients in Keto Tartar Sauce
- Mayonnaise - If you have the time and ingredients, I really recommend making your own homemade mayo. Check out my 2 Minute Easy Peasy Mayo Recipe
- Pickles - I'm a big fan of savory tartar sauce and always go with dill pickles, but if you like it on the sweeter side, feel free to use sweet pickles. To make this keto tartar sauce even quicker you can use relish.
- Lemon Juice - For this recipe I used fresh squeezed lemon juice, but bottled will also do the trick. If you do not have any lemon juice, you can also use a splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Sweetener - This is an optional ingredient. If you like your tartar with a hint of sweetness, then I recommend adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of the sweetener of your choice. If you prefer a savory tartar, omit it altogether.
How to make keto tartar sauce
STEP 1: Add the mayo, dijon, garlic, parsley, dill, lemon juice, pickles, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. This Garlic Dill Tartar Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. A good rule of thumb is to use ⅓ the amount of dried herbs as you would fresh herbs. For example: If a recipe calls for one tablespoon of fresh herbs, you could substitute that with 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
Yes, tartar sauce is low in carbs and high in fat, making it the perfect keto-friendly condiment. Just make sure to steer clear of store-bought brands with added sugar.
A lot of tartar sauce recipes don't call for mustard at all, but I think it adds something special. I like to use Dijon, spicy brown, or even a sweet, hot mustard.
More Keto Recipes You Might Enjoy
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Garlic Dill Tartar Sauce
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Garlic Dill Tartar Sauce is the perfect balance of tangy and savory. It's delicious on seafood and even veggies. But my favorite way to enjoy it is with these Crispy Air Fryer Fish Nuggets
- 1 cup mayonnaise (get my homemade recipe here)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium pickle, chopped, about ¾ cup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- If you want to substitute dried herbs for the fresh herbs in this recipe, a good rule of thumb is to use ⅓ the amount. For example: 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs can be substituted with 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
- For a smoother, non-chunky version, you can give all the ingredients a few quick pulses in the food processor.
- net carbs per serving: 0.3g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 11.4g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: keto tartar sauce, low carb tartar sauce, garlic tartar sauce, keto condiments, low carb sauces, homemade tartar sauce
So good with salmon. I can eat this with a spoon! Kendra dressings and sauces are all packed with flavor. Try that Russian dressing detailed in her Reubens salad recipe. Ugh. So good!