This Keto Hasselback Pizza Chicken Recipe has all the delicious flavors of pepperoni pizza, but without all the extra carbs. Mix and match any of your favorite pizza toppings for endless flavor combinations.
- chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- dried Italian seasoning
- Marinara Sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
Substitutions and Variations
The great thing about this Hasselback Pizza Chicken recipe is that you can really mix and match any of your favorite pizza toppings. Below I have listed some of my favorite variations and ingredient combinations.
- Instead of using a Marinara Sauce or regular Pizza Sauce, try it with my Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Top it with Canadian bacon and pineapple for a Hawaiian version
- Load it up with pepperoni, sausage, ham, peppers, onions and mushrooms for a keto supreme pizza
- Sub chicken thighs for the chicken breasts (I get my organic chicken here)
- Use a turkey breast to make one big poultry pizza with multiple servings
- Skip all the meat toppings and load it up with your favorite vegetables
- Make a Thai chicken variation with some mozzarella, red onion, carrots, cilantro, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts and peanut sauce
- Add pepperoni, salami, ham, sausage, bacon and meatballs and make it a meat lovers special
- Swap the shredded mozzarella out for fresh mozzarella
- Mix and match any of your favorite cheeses - smoked gouda, feta, provolone, Swiss, sharp cheddar, goat cheese etc.
Other Keto Pizza Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Keto Pizza Bagels
- Pepperoni Pizza Chips
- Garlic Chicken Alfredo Waffle Pizzas
- Low Carb Greek Pizza
- Hasselback Zucchini Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Eggs
- Cauliflower Pizza Poppers
- Keto Pizza Hot Pockets
More Keto Pizza Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Hasselback Pizza Chicken
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Hasselback Pizza Chicken is a quick and easy weeknight meal that comes kid and husband approved. Everything is better in a pizza variation.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 total) (I get my pasture raised, organic chicken here)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce or Pizza Sauce, extra for serving
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-sear the chicken breasts until they are golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes on each side. Note: they will not be cooked through at this stage.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and let cool. Cut slits in the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through.
- Spoon some of the marinara sauce into each slit. Then put 2 to 3 slices of pepperoni in each slit with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Spoon the pesto on top of the cheese and sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top. Bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- net carbs per serving: 1.9g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in the oven at 300°F until warmed through. You can also reheat it in the microwave, in a pan on the stovetop, or in an air fryer.
- Mix and match: Use this recipe as a concept and mix and match all your favorite pizza toppings and sauces.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 24.7g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.6g
Keywords: pizza recipes, low carb pizza, keto pizza, hasselback chicken recipes, hasselback pizza chicken, pepperoni pizza chicken recipe
Walker Russell says
We have made so many of Kyndra’s recipes, and she truly doesn’t steer you wrong. This was a quick and easy dinner that was absolutely delicious and kid friendly. I made my own pesto and added portobello mushrooms, but other than that followed her exact recipe. Excellent!
This recipe was AMAZING. It was easy to put together, a hit with my family and I’ve enjoyed the leftovers even more!!
Paige Harden Kolm says
Very good, especially made with Rao’s Homemade Sauce. Definitely going into our rotation
The whole family loved it!