This Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza is a fun low carb and gluten free spin on traditional pepperoni pizza. Who needs the crust?
Delicious, ooey gooey, keto pizza
Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza. What is not to love about that? Each bite is full of cheesy, pepperoni goodness, without all the carbs and gluten!
What does hasselback mean?
Hasselback is a term normally reserved for potatoes. It is also known as an accordian potato. The original recipe has roots that lead back to Sweden and is named after Hasselbacken, a Stockholm restaurant, Hasselbacken first served the accordion style Hasselback potato in the 1700s. After becoming a favorite a big hit among the people of Stockholm and Sweden, the popularity of the dish began to spread, eventually taking on a cult like following. Enough with the history lesson, time to eat!
In addition to this Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto pizza recipes:
- Keto Pizza Chips
- Garlic Chicken Alfredo Waffle Pizza
- Keto Pizza Bagels
- Keto Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Keto Pizza Frittata
Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice the ends off of the zucchini.
- Being very careful not to cut all the way through, make slits in the zucchini, slicing about ¾ of the way down.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over top of each one and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Put a slice of pepperoni in eat slit.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of sauce over top of each zucchini.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese over top of each zucchini.
- Place the hasselback zucchini in a casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Top each one with Parmesan cheese, oregano and basil. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Use the remaining sauce for dipping.
12.4g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 Hasselback Zucchini
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 569mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 15.4g
Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness
Check out my other books - HERE
This book has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with over 100 pages of resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let">BREAKFASTS
SNACKS AND STARTERS
SOUPS AND SALADS
DRESSINGS, SAUCES, SEASONINGS, AND MORE
Got a craving? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE