This Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza is a fun low carb and gluten free spin on traditional pepperoni pizza. Who needs the crust?
Hasselback Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza. What is not to love about that? Each bite is full of cheesy, pepperoni goodnesss. Hasselback is a term normally reserved for potatoes. It is also known as an accordian potato. The original recipe has roots that lead back to Sweden and is named after Hasselbacken, a Stockholm restaurant, Hasselbacken first served the accordion style Hasselback potato in the 1700s. After becoming a favorite a big hit among the people of Stockholm and Sweden, the popularity of the dish began to spread, eventually taking on a cult like following.
How about some more low carb and gluten free pizza options?
Enough with the history lesson! How about I show you some other delicious low carb and gluten free pizza variations instead? A couple of my favorites are these Pepperoni Pizza Eggs, Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels, and Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice the ends off of the zucchini.
- Being very careful not to cut all the way through, make slits in the zucchini, slicing about 3/4 of the way down.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over top of each one and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Put a slice of pepperoni in eat slit.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of sauce over top of each zucchini.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over top of each zucchini.
- Place the hasselback zucchini in a casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Top each one with Parmesan cheese, oregano and basil. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Use the remaining sauce for dipping.
Per Serving – Calories: | Fat: | Protein: | Total Carbs: | Fiber: | *Net Carbs:
- Serving Size: 1 Hasselback Zucchini
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***