This Hasselback Pizza Chicken is a quick and easy weeknight meal that comes kid and husband approved. Everything is better in a pizza variation.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 total) (I get my pasture raised, organic chicken here)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce or Pizza Sauce, extra for serving
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-sear the chicken breasts until they are golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes on each side. Note: they will not be cooked through at this stage.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and let cool. Cut slits in the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through.
- Spoon some of the marinara sauce into each slit. Then put 2 to 3 slices of pepperoni in each slit with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Spoon the pesto on top of the cheese and sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top. Bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe is really more of a concept than it is a recipe. With the cook time and temperature in mind, you can mix and match any of your favorite sauces, cheeses, meats, and veggies.
net carbs per serving: 1.9g
- Category: Chicken Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 24.7g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.6g
Keywords: pizza recipes, low carb pizza, keto pizza, hasselback chicken recipes