Everything Low Carb Bagel Dogs – Keto , Gluten Free. All of the flavors of the original, without all the carbs.
Low Carb Bagel Dogs
Oh hey, remember when I made the Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze and I said that I had a lot of fun things planned for that low carb, gluten free dough recipe? Well these low carb bagel dogs are one of those things. Jon and I eat a lot of grass fed beef hotdogs. For the longest time, any type of bun was off the table. We usually just pan fried them in grass fed butter and topped them with my Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili Recipe. When I took a poll in the group about what kinds of recipe you guys wanted to see, this one came up a few times. As always, I am happy to oblige. Hot dogs make me think of grilling out and grilling makes me think of summer, red checkered table cloth covered picnic tables and lots of condiment options. Even though it is the middle of winter, we can still have a little indoor grill out… errr bake out.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb dough recipes:
- Low Carb Everything Bagel
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Low Carb Keto Nut Free Pizza Crust
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups
- 24 Fat Head Cheese Dough Recipes
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1/4 cup almond flour (get it here)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (get it here)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup low moisture – part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large pastured egg
- 6 grass-fed beef hot dogs
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, butter, and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to soften. Mix together until everything is well combined. If if gets stringy or is not quit melted enough, put it back in for another 30 seconds.
- To the cheese mixture, add the dry ingredients and the egg. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If you are having a hard time mixing it, put it back in the microwave for another 20-30 seconds. If it starts to get sticky, wet your hands a little bit to prevent it from sticking to you.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a long thin piece, resembling a breadstick.
- Starting at one end of the hot dog, wrap the dough around until you reach the other end. Continue with each hot dog.
- Line the dough wrapped hotdogs on the baking sheet.
- Brush each one generously with the melted butter.
- Top with bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Per Serving – Calories: 377 | Fat: 31g | Protein: 19g | Total Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 3.5g | Net Carbs – 4.5g
- Serving Size: 1 Bagel Dog