Nothing screams wintery comfort food like a slow cooker full of low carb chili. Even better when you top it with lots of sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese. This recipe is so good, you won’t even miss the beans. This chili does have a little bit of kick to it. If you do not like spicy, you can always omit the cayenne and/or the jalapenos… I love to serve it alongside my Cheddar Bacon Jalapeño Biscuits. It freezes really well. If you have a large slow cooker, I recommend making a double batch and freezing half of it. Cook once and eat twice!
Check out a few of my other favorite low carb soups and stews:
My New Book is NOW Available ORDER HERE
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 large ribs of celery, diced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes with Mexican seasoning
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos (get it here)
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin, mounded
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, half of the onions, 2 Tbs. minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Once the beef is browned, drain excess grease from pan.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies (with liquid), stewed tomatoes (with liquid), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Per Serving: 1 Cup | Calories: 137 | Fat: 5g | Protein: 16g | Net Carbs: 4.7g