Low Carb Chili – All the amazing flavors of chili, without the beans. I think you will find that you don’t miss them at all.
Nothing screams wintery comfort food like a slow cooker full of low carb chili. Even better when you top it with lots of sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese. This recipe is so good, you won’t even miss the beans. This chili does have a little bit of kick to it. If you do not like spicy, you can always omit the cayenne and/or the jalapenos… I love to serve it alongside my Cheddar Bacon Jalapeño Biscuits. It freezes really well. If you have a large slow cooker, I recommend making a double batch and freezing half of it. Cook once and eat twice!
NOTE: If you make this low carb chili, then you should immediately turn around and make this Keto Chili Pot Pie Casserole. You will thank me. Your spouse will thank you. Your kids will thank you. Your dog will wish he could thank you. I think you get the point.
Check out a few of my other favorite low carb soups and stews:
My New Book is NOW Available ORDER HERE
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ribs of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes with Mexican seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos (I use this brand)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons cumin, mounded
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, half of the onions, 2 Tbs. minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Once the beef is browned, drain excess grease from pan.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies (with liquid), stewed tomatoes (with liquid), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Per Serving: 1 Cup | Calories: 137 | Fat: 5g | Protein: 16g | Net Carbs: 4.7g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***