Low carb and gluten free Keto Chili Dog Pot Pie Casserole. So many delicious things, all in one casserole: grass-fed hot dogs, chili, biscuits. YUM!
I am all about low carb keto comfort foods. In fact, recreating my old favorites into low carb and gluten free versions is exactly how my blog began. It all started with a desire to lose weight without giving up all the foods that I loved. In fact, one of my all time favorite recipes is still my Caramelized Onion and Prosciutto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe. I learned a lot from that recipe. I learned that I could stick to a low carb lifestyle without feeling deprived. I learned that with a little creativity in the kitchen, there was nothing that was off the table. Most importantly, I learned that I loved cooking and sharing recipes with the world. You could kind of say that low carb comfort foods gave birth to my business.
I’ve had this Keto Chili Dog Pot Pie Casserole floating around in my head for a while now. My Low Carb Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili is still one of the most visited recipes on my site. What goes better with chili than biscuits? Nothing! Especially when they are low carb and gluten free biscuits! They make the perfect, hearty comfort food topping for a low carb pot pie.
This recipe takes a bit of preparation time, but it is definitely worth it. Try serving it with sour cream and green onions on top. YUM!
In addition to this Keto Chili Dog Pot Pie Casserole, check out some of my other favorite keto comfort food recipes:
Keto Chili Dog Pot Pie Casserole
- Yield: Makes 12 Servings 1x
- Prepare the chili ahead of time. You can drastically reduce the cook time of this recipe by converting the chili to a stovetop recipe.
- Heat the butter in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the sliced hot dogs to the pan and cook until they have a nice sear on them.
- Pour the entire batch of chili on top of the cooked hot dogs.
- Mix the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and sprinkle them over top of the chili.
- Prepare the biscuit dough according to the directions (minus the sausage)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Drop large scoops of the biscuit dough on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the biscuit topping is golden brown.
Nutritional information will vary by ingredients used. Please use a site like MyFitnessPal or FatSecret to figure out this information based on the ingredients you used.