This rich and cheesy Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is the ultimate in gluten free keto comfort food. With the spiciness of the buffalo sauce and the cooling blue cheese, it is perfectly balanced. Best of all, it has minimal ingredients and can be on the table in under an hour.
- Buffalo sauce - For this recipe I used Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce, but you can use any brand of buffalo sauce you prefer. Primal Kitchen makes a delicious one also. Be sure to also check out my Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad, and Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper recipes
- Chicken - You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe. You can also make things even easier by using shredded rotisserie chicken (more keto chicken recipes)
- Blue cheese - If you are not a fan of blue cheese, this recipe is also delicious with feta or goat cheese
- Cauliflower - Roasting the cauliflower keeps it dry and imparts a beautiful flavor and texture. When you steam cauliflower or even simmer it directly in water, it absorbs all the moisture like a sponge and can turn your dish into a soupy mess.
Recipe tips and variations
- Swap the buffalo sauce for pesto sauce, add some spinach, and use goat cheese instead of blue cheese for a pesto chicken mac and cheese
- Use keto taco sauce instead of buffalo sauce, shredded Mexican cheese instead of blue cheese, and ground beef or pork instead of chicken for a keto taco mac and cheese
- If you are not concerned with keeping things low carb, use your favorite gluten free pasta in place of the cauliflower to make this a true buffalo chicken Mac and cheese recipe
- Substitute shredded rotisserie chicken to make this recipe even quicker
- Use roasted vegetables instead of just cauliflower - mix up broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, onion, zucchini etc.
- Have fun and combine your favorite protein, sauce, and veggies for a custom keto mac and cheese
- Omit a protein option and double the cauliflower for a vegetarian keto mac and cheese recipe recipe
Frequently asked questions
This is because you likely steamed or boiled your cauliflower. When you steam cauliflower or simmer it directly in water, it absorbs all the moisture like a sponge and can turn your dish into a soupy mess. I recommend roasting your cauliflower to avoid this. (check out all the keto cauliflower recipes on my site)
Honestly, go nuts! You can use any combination of your favorite cheeses in this recipe. Another one of my favorite combos is cream cheese, goat cheese and sharp white cheddar.
Other recipes you might enjoy
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint
**Recipe originally posted 5/9/2019**