This Slow Cooker Kickin' Keto Chili is so good that you won't even miss the beans. Top it with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions for the ultimate in low carb comfort food
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ribs of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos (I use this brand)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons cumin, mounded
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, half of the onions, half of the garlic, and salt and pepper. Once the beef is browned, drain excess grease from pan.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies (with liquid), stewed tomatoes (with liquid), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- net carbs per serving: 5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: This reheats really well in the microwave, on the stovetop, or in the slow cooker.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Slow Cooker Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 15.7g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 14.1g
Keywords: keto chili recipe, low carb chili, beanless chili, slow cooker chili, the best chili recipe, how to win a chili cook-off, chili cooking content, gluten free chili, chili without beans