- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ribs of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos (I use this brand)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons cumin, mounded
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, half of the onions, 2 Tbs. minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Once the beef is browned, drain excess grease from pan.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies (with liquid), stewed tomatoes (with liquid), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
net carbs per serving: 5g
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 15.7g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 14.1g