These Keto Candied Nuts with Bacon are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Great for a low carb snack on the go, or for when that raging sweet tooth hits.
The best candied nut recipe
There’s something so craveable about keto candied nuts with bacon. The sweetness of the caramelized nuts combined with the flavor of the salty bacon, are a match made in heaven. In fact, I love this recipe so much that I have to portion it out as soon as it cools or I could easily take down an entire batch. It could easily rival its sugary counterparts.
How do you make candied nuts?
There are many different variations for making candied nut recipes. Some involve boiling water, sugar, and cinnamon together to make a syrup and then tossing the nuts in the syrup and then letting them harden. Other methods like this one involve using whipped egg whites and sugar to make a candy-like shell when roasted. This is my favorite method. I love the texture it creates. These keto candied nuts make for the perfect snack, or even a sweet treat after dinner.
Some fun ways to mix up these low carb candied nuts:
- Use cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, or any combination of the three in place of the paprika
- Add some unsweetened cocoa powder and a little more erythritol for a chocolate variation
- Use any combination of your favorite low carb nuts
- Toss in some sugar free chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut flakes to make a sweet and savory trail mix
- Crush up the candied nuts and sprinkle them on top of Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
In addition to these keto candied nuts with bacon, check out some of my other favorite keto snacks?
- Ningxia Red Gummy Bears
- Keto Pizza Chips
- Keto Orange Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pecans
- Garlic Dill Baked Cucumber Chips
- Salt and Pepper Vegetable Chips
- Keto Charcuterie
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, Egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY –HERE
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the brown sugar erythritol
- Add the nuts, paprika, and sea salt to the egg whites and mix until the nuts are all well coated and the paprika and salt are well mixed in.
- Spread the nuts in a single later across the prepared baking sheet. Roast the nuts for 35 to 45 minutes, tossing every 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the nuts from the oven, toss in the bacon, and allow it to cool and let the candy coating harden.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 4.7g
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8
- Fiber: 2.2
- Protein: 6.7g
Keywords: keto snacks, low carb snacks, keto candied nuts, keto dessert, low carb food blog, keto blog, best keto blog
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.