This Keto Pumpkin Pie is the perfect addition to your low carb Thanksgiving table. It has all the delicious flavors of traditional pumpkin pie, but in a low carb, gluten free and sugar free version.
What’s in pumpkin pie spice?
When it comes to pumpkin spice, check the ingredients! Sometimes the store bought versions will have fillers, or less than ideal ingredients that can spike your blood sugar. Your best bet is to make your own low carb pumpkin pie spice. Plus, you can make a delicious keto Pumpkin Spice Latte, or any of my other low carb pumpkin recipes with the leftovers! My pumpkin pie spice recipe uses cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves, that’s it. You can get the recipe here.
This keto pumpkin pie is the perfect recipe for a low carb thanksgiving feast
You’re planning a keto Thanksgiving and you found the perfect low carb side dish recipes, figured out how to brine a turkey, and even pinned some keto cocktails. But you’re not sure what to make for dessert … until now.
This keto pumpkin pie starts with a buttery almond flour crust. The filling is creamy, perfectly pumpkin spiced, and lightly sweetened for the best end to an amazing keto Thanksgiving feast.
This recipe is proof that gluten and sugar free desserts don’t have to be boring. There’s even a dairy free option, so everyone on your guest list can give thanks and enjoy. The best part? You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to gobble it down.
How to make gluten free pie crust:
While other gluten free pie crust recipes are loaded with high carb flour alternatives, this recipe nails the flavor, texture, and gluten free requirement without spiking your blood sugar. While you could use this method in other keto pie recipes, almond flour pie crust is the perfect base for this keto pumpkin pie. It bakes so beautifully and really compliments the creamy pumpkin pie filling with a light nutty flavor.
How many carbs are in pumpkin and is pumpkin keto?
If you’re wondering if a sugar free pumpkin pie is even possible or frantically googling the carb count in pumpkin, don’t worry. I’m about to clear it all up for you.
Pumpkin puree (which is just plain pumpkin, puréed) is very low in net carbs and calories. 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree has 10g total carbs and 6g net carbs. In fact, each slice of this keto pumpkin pie has only 6.6g net carbs per slice. There’s natural sweetness from the pumpkin, and a bit of added sweetness from my favorite keto sweeteners. In this recipe, I like to use Lakanto monkfruit sweetener (classic and golden), either option will yield a delicious sugar free pie filling. You can also substitute any low carb sweetener of your choice.
While food can’t be labeled “keto” or “not keto,” (keto is a metabolic state and not a list of approved foods) pumpkin is a great option for keto baking because it adds moisture without throwing off the texture of a keto baked good. Plus, pumpkin is full of vitamins A, C, E, and B12, plus potassium, copper, manganese, iron, and fiber. These vitamins and minerals have antioxidant properties, which means not only does this pie taste good, but it’s also good for you.
How to make dairy free pumpkin pie:
Yes, you can make a creamy pumpkin pie filling without dairy. Dairy free dessert recipes are so easy to make nowadays. I just swap butter for butter flavored coconut oil (it really does taste like butter), then swap heavy cream for coconut cream. While there are definitely other dairy free keto ingredients outside of coconut products, for this recipe, it just works. If you’re looking for a dairy free keto whipped cream recipe, I was just about to get to that …
A sugar free, gluten free, dairy free keto dessert recipe? For real?
I know, I know, it might seem like an unrealistic expectation to make a keto dessert that checks all the boxes and actually tastes good … but when have I ever steered you wrong when it comes to delicious recipes? This pumpkin pie recipe fits all that criteria and is packed with flavor!
How to make keto whipped cream:
Whether you use heavy cream or coconut cream, keto whipped cream is so easy to whip up (see what I did there?). Just take your cream option, add sweetener to taste, throw in a little splash of vanilla extract, and then whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Add a little keto whipped cream to this low carb pumpkin pie and any other recipe that requires a bit of fluffy, creamy goodness.
Other keto thanksgiving recipes you might enjoy:
- Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
- Herbed Butter Roasted Turkey
- Sugar Free Keto Glazed Ham
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Keto White Cheddar and Sausage Biscuits
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Turkey Gravy
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Brulee
Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
For the gluten free pie crust:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup granular monkfruit (I use this brand) code PEACE for 20% off
- 6 tablespoons butter (butter flavored coconut oil for dairy free), melted
For the keto pumpkin pie filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie pan or tart pan and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, add the pumpkin puree and eggs to a large mixing bowl, and using a hand mixer, beat gently until well combined.
- Add the heavy cream, sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice and mix on low until well combined.
- Once the crust is cooked, pour the filling into the crust and bake for another 45 minutes. When it is done, the center should still be slightly jiggly, but not wet.
- Serve with keto whipped cream or whipped coconut cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
net carbs per slice: 6.6g
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 34.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 8.2g
Keywords: keto thanksgiving, keto pumpkin pie, low carb pie, sugar free pie filling, gluten free pie crust, keto recipes, low carb recipes