I love antipasto. Love it. I used to work at a fine dining restaurant that brought out an antipasto tray to every table before the meal. ("Before the meal" is the literal translation of antipasto.) It was full of fresh vegetables, pickled vegetables and salami. I ate countless amounts of these trays during the time that I worked there. For this recipe, there are lots of fun things you can do. You can skewer them like I did to make kebabs. You can mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl to make an antipasto salad. When I turn it into a salad, I like to toss it with this Balsamic, Shallot Vinaigrette. I did this recipe a little differently and did not list amounts with the ingredients. You can mix and match the ingredients as you please and make as many skewers as you like depending on the number of people you are feeding. But the idea was too good not to share. Enjoy!
Check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
- Garlic Dill Cucumber Chips
- Salt and Pepper Vegetable Chips
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs
- Siracha Sweet Potato Fries
Antipasto Kebabs – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Baby heirloom tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Spanish queen green olives
- Kalamata olives
- Marinated fresh mozzarella balls
- Salami, sliced
- Other optional ingredients: cubed sharp cheddar cheese, pepperoni, prosciutto, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers
- Thread the ingredients onto the skewers in an alternating fashion. That's it. Easy peasy and it makes for a beautiful presentation.
John Lansford says
Made this last night at the family Camp in NH. Huge hit with the crowd. They rated it a definite keeper. Thanks for posting the recipe. Liked it so much, just bought your book on Amazon..
Good Morning! Just letting you know that I featured this recipe in a round-up of 50+ Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Superbowl Appetizer Recipes. Hope a lot of people will click over from my site and check it out!