Recently I found sriracha sea salt at my local farmers market and I have been putting it on EVERYTHING!! It’s been gracing my eggs, steak, roasted vegetables, avocados… You name it! This spicy salt complements the sweetness of these fries perfectly! One taste and you will be hooked also!! Normally I bake my sweet potatoes in the oven, but today I decided to change things up and fry them in a combination of palm kernel oil and avocado oil. If you want to bake them instead, you can toss them with a little oil, sprinkle on your seasoning and bake them at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. These are delicious by themselves, but I like to dip them in this Avocado Ranch Dressing.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb sweet potato recipes:
- Reuben Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Russian Dressing
- Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
- Spicy Sausage, Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Puree
- Bacon Sweet Potato Cakes
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:Print
Crispy Sweet Potato Fries – Paleo, Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into sticks
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high to high heat, heat about 1/2 to 1 inch of oil.
- Once the oil is hot and you can start to see small bubbles forming, add the sweet potato fries to the pan.
- Fry until they are golden brown and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Combine the sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning over top of the sweet potato fries.