Check out some of my other favorite low carb soups and stews recipes:
- Vegetable Beef Quinoa Soup
- Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup
- Low Carb Kickin’ Chili
Spicy Sausage, Sweet Potato Soup – Low Carb, Gluten Free, Paleo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage – casings removed
- 1 pound sweet potato, cubed
- 6 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach or kale
- Heat the slow cooker on the low setting.
- To a large skillet, over medium heat, add the garlic and onions and sauce until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until it is browned. While the sausage is cooking, add the sweet potato, mushrooms, chicken stock, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain the excess grease from the pan and add to the stow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir the spinach into the soup and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: paleo soup recipe, whole30 soup recipe, low carb soups, sausage soup, sweet potato soup recipe