Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup
- Yield: 16 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small leek, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.Thoroughly rinse lentils, and add to slow cooker with chicken stock.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage in olive oil and butter.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage from pan, reserving drippings. Add the cooked sausage to the slow cooker.
- Add spinach, carrots, onions, garlic, leek, celery and a little salt and black pepper to the pan. Sauté vegetables over medium heat until tender. About 10 minutes.
- Add sauteed vegetables to the slow cooker and mix in.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar. Cover and allow to cook on low 6-8 hours.
Per Serving – Calories:195 | Fat: 14g | Protein: 11g | Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup