I'm not sure which I like better, the taste of this low carb Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Smoked Gouda Bisque soup or the delicious aroma filling my house when I make it. It's the kind of smell that instantly fills your mind with thoughts of cuddling up in front of the fire on those cool, cozy fall and winter days. Nothing quite warms you up on days like that like a piping hot bowl of soup.
You can easily convert this to a stove top recipe. Simply sauté the onion and garlic in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chicken stock, tomato paste, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low, cover and simmer for an hour. Puree and return to the pot. Mix in heavy cream and gouda and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
If you are a huge soup fan like me, check out my Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder. Another one of my favorites is my Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup. You can also find several other low carb, keto and gluten free soup options in the Soups and Stews section on my site.
More low carb soup recipes:
- Creamy Reuben soup
- 16 Bone Broth Recipes
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- 2 - 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat the slow cooker on the low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chicken stock, tomato paste, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in butter until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sautéed onions to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, transfer the soup to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. This can also be done using an immersion blender. (This is the one I have.)
- Pour the pureed soup back into the slow cooker. Stir in the heavy cream and Gouda cheese. Cover and cook for 1 additional hour.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 12.6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.2g