This slow cooker keto beef stew is the perfect way to use up any meat and veggies you might have in your fridge and freezer. It is easily adaptable to what you have on hand. It is hearty and rich with slow cooked stew beef, broth, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, celery, carrots, peppers, herbs and spices.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftover keto beef stew in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: This reheats incredibly well and is even better the next day. You can reheat it on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or in the microwave.
- Thicken it up: To thicken the keto beef stew broth you can add a teaspoon of xanthan gum. Simply whisk the xanthan gum into a small amount of water to make a slurry and then add the slurry to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. (Try my Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili Recipe)
- Change up the veggies: This recipe is an excellent way to use up any vegetables you have on hand that might have reached that "use it or lose it" stage. Some other vegetables I like to add to this are cauliflower, green beans, broccoli, and rutabaga.
- Add red wine wine: For even more depth of flavor, deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of red wine after searing the beef. Scrape up and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan and then add all those juices to the slow cooker.
More keto soup recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print