Enjoy the amazing flavors of loaded potato skins without all the carbs. The combination of sharp cheddar, bacon, green onions and sour cream is one of my all-time favorite flavors. Putting them all on top of a sweet potato gives a nice sweet balance to all the savory flavors. Are you as big of a bacon fan as I am? Check out this post of 100 Low Carb Bacon Recipes. Also, don’t forget to check all the other low carb appetizer recipes on our site.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb sweet potato recipes:
- Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, and Bacon Hash
- Reuben Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Sloppy Joes with Sweet Potato Waffles
- Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
- Spicy Sausage Sweet Potato Soup
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, sliced in ¼ inch thick slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil, more if needed
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato slices, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Toss until sweet potatoes are well coated.
- Line in a single layer, on a rimmed baking sheet and bake on the top rack for 25 minutes.
- Top each sweet potato with cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions.
Per Serving – Calories: 232 | Fat: 13g | Protein: 4g | Net Carbs: 14g