- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce bag frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken breasts or thighs, shredded
- Heat a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pot and cook until the spinach is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, and stirring frequently, cook until it has melted and mixed in with the veggies.
- Add the chicken stock, increase the heat to high to bring to a boil, and then reduce to medium low to low to simmer.
- Add the artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Stirring frequently, cook until the cheeses are melted and mixed in, about 10 minutes
- Stir in the heavy cream and the chicken and let simmer for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved parmesan before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4.7g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: soups and stews
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 23.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 29.1g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, spinach and artichoke dip, gluten free recipes, vegetarian keto, low carb soup