- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 - 10 oz cans of fancy whole baby clams, drained
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 pound thick cut bacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To slow cooker, add chicken stock, garlic, shallot, leek, celery, onions, butter, and salt and pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour.
- To the slow cooker, add clams, clam juice and bacon.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder and thyme. Continue mixing until there are no visible clumps of cream cheese and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
Per Serving - Calories: 276 | Fat: 28.5g | Protein: 12g | Net Carbs: 3.75g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Serving Size: 1 Cup