This thick, creamy low carb broccoli cheese soup is not for the faint of heart. But if you are a quesophile like myself, then you have come to the right place. It is warm and comforting. Everything a good soup should be. This broccoli cheese soup is really easy to modify to the ingredients you have on hand. Mix things up a bit and try substituting different cheeses. Smoked cheddar and gouda are two of my favorites to add in. I also like to add more vegetable when I can – red peppers, mushrooms, asparagus. You name it! You can’t go wrong with a delectably, cheesy vegetable soup. This soup is also one of my favorite ways to sneaks extra vegetables into kids diets. With all the cheese and cream, they won’t even know that they are getting an extra dose of vitamins. Low Carb Soups are my favorite things to make in my slow cooker. Here is the slow cooker that I recommend.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Easy Peasy Wonton-less Soup
Also, don’t forget to check out my Slow Cooker Soups and Stews Ebook:
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:Print
Low Carb Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese Soup
Thick and hearty! Everything a warm and comforting soup should be!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16 Servings 1x
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 leek, cleaned and trimmed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, garlic, sea salt and black pepper to the pan. Saute until the onions are nice and caramelized. About 20 minutes.
- Heat slow cooker on high setting. Add caramelized onions, cauliflower, broccoli, leek, chicken stock, heavy cream and a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- After 5-6 hours the vegetables will be nice and tender. Using a potato masher, mash up the vegetables. Alternately, you can use an immersion blender for this. (I found that the vegetables were soft enough that I just gave them a quick mash and the soup was the exact texture I was looking for.)
- Mix in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, more salt and pepper (if desired) and allow to cook 1 additional hour.
Per Serving – Calories: 235 | Fat: 18g | Protein: 13g | Net Carbs: 5g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 18g