I have been in such a soup mood lately. However, I am one of those people that loves soup year round. I even like to eat it in the hot summer months. This Buffalo Chicken Soup has a nice creamy broth without actually having any cream in it. It has the perfect blend of heat and rich flavors. Turn your favorite bar appetizer into a soup. For more delicious and creative soup ideas, check out my Slow Cooker Soups and Stews eBook - Here. It is also available on Amazon - Here
Check out some of my other favorite low carb soups recipes:
- Creamy Rueben Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Smoked Sausage Cheddar Beer Soup
Buffalo Chicken Soup – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 10 Servings 1x
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 32 oz chicken stock
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, extra for garnish if desired
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add chicken, chicken stock, buffalo wing sauce, green onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cover and cook 6 hours.
- Add cheddar, parmesan and blue cheeses. Stir until cheeses are melted and mixed in. Cover and cook 1 additional hour.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and parsley before serving.
Per Serving - Calories: 146 | Fat: 4g | Protein: 13g | Net Carbs: 3g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
It was good, the hot sauce doesn’t stay combined with the rest of the ingredients. It separates & the left overs the chicken got all mushy & the top of the container had a hard film on it which I would say it was the hot sauce. I’ll shorten the cooking time next time due to the raw chicken being over cooked & later getting mushy. Good flavor. Will make again!
Success! My youngest son loves this. Thank you for another great receive!
Can you freeze it? Or will it split? Thanks
I made this today and it was AMAZING! OMG! I could eat this every day for the rest of my life.
The only part that was torture was smelling it all day and not being able to eat it immediately.
I've made this recipe on numerous occasions, often changing it each time out of convenience. I've used the stove-top method, pre-cooked or shredded chicken, different cheeses, etc and it ALWAYS comes out amazing. Thank you for such an easy and great tasting recipe!