These Reuben Stuffed Mushrooms have all the flavors of your favorite classic diner sandwich, but in the form of a delicious stuffed mushroom.
Craving a keto Reuben sandwich?
If you’ve been longing for a keto-friendly Reuben sandwich recipe, this is it. You won’t even miss the bun! Tangy sauerkraut and corned beef coated in a creamy and flavorful homemade low carb Russian dressing, tucked into perfectly cooked mushrooms and topped with melty Swiss cheese. The keto Russian dressing gets its kick from spicy brown mustard and Worcestershire sauce. All the classic Reuben flavors come together perfectly in these low carb stuffed mushrooms.
Are mushrooms keto?
Mushrooms are a great addition to a keto diet. One cup of portobello mushrooms has 5.9g total carbs, 3.2g net. Add some protein from the corned beef and fat from Russian dressing and Swiss cheese, and you’ve got the perfect balance of carbs, protein, and fat, in these delicious keto appetizers. Beyond the macros, portobello mushrooms are loaded with fiber, (which is why they’re so low in net carbs). Mushrooms are a really great source of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes, like selenium, copper, and potassium. That’s why eating mushrooms can help if you’re struggling with keto flu.
Repurposing leftover low carb stuffed mushrooms:
I like to make a double batch of these Reuben Stuffed Mushrooms and have some for breakfast with a fried egg the next day. They reheat well, so you can make a bunch at once — great for meal prep and a party with your keto friends. While you could stuff mushrooms with any combination of meat and cheese, the real key is the homemade keto Russian dressing. It brings all the flavors together for a new take on a classic favorite. You can use coleslaw mix, toss with Russian dressing, and add chopped corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese for a keto Reuben slaw.
In addition to these Reuben Stuffed Mushrooms, check out some of my other favorite keto reuben recipes:
- Keto Russian Dressing
- Keto Reuben Chopped Salad
- Low Carb Creamy Reuben Soup
- Reuben Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Low Carb Reuben Egg Muffins
- 5 large portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with gills and stems removed
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, chopped
- 8 ounces corned beef, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup Keto Russian Dressing, more to taste (get the recipe here)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, or 5 slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line the mushrooms across a rimmed baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sauerkraut, corned beef and Russian dressing.
- Fill each mushroom cap with some of the mixture and then top each one with Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through and the filling is bubbly and golden brown.
- Top with chives and black pepper before serving.
Net carbs per mushrooms: 2.9g
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 16.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 12.3g
Click HERE to pin
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Hungry? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.