Check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
- Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
- Fried Mozzarella Balls
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Makes 5 Servings 1x
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms (About 20)
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- a few sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- De-stem mushrooms and finely chop the stems.
- To a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add chopped mushroom stems, Italian sausage and garlic. Cook until sausage is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Mix until well incorporated.
- Once the sausage has cooled, add it to the cream cheese mixture. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon heaping mounds of the stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap. Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the top of mushrooms. Broil on high 3-5 minutes, or until Parmesan is a nice golden brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving – Calories: 474 | Fat: 38g | Protein: 25g | Net Carbs: 7g
- Serving Size: About 4 Mushrooms
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 38g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***