Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Keto Antipasto Chicken recipe satisfies all of your salty, savory, briny cravings. It starts with seared, tender chicken breast, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, and then baked together with delicious mediterranean ingredients like - salami, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pepperonchinis, kalamata olives, garlic, and loads of fresh herbs.
- Chicken: for this antipasto chicken recipe, I use chicken cutlets or tenders, about pieces total. This recipe would also work well with chicken thighs. (more keto chicken recipes)
- Artichoke hearts: I use canned, quartered artichoke hearts. It is also delicious made with my Marinated Artichoke Heart Recipe
- Fresh mozzarella: be sure to thinly slice the mozzarella, ensuring that it melts and melds with the antipasto toppings.
- Salami: I used sliced salami and then cut it into strips. Prosciutto, pepperoni, capicola, or sopressata would also be delicious.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes: I prefer to use sun-dried tomatoes that come dry packed, as opposed to packed in oil. If you are not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes or don't have any on hand, halved grape or cherry tomatoes work also.
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: First, prep the chicken. Lightly season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
STEP 2: Next, heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Preheat the oven to broil.
STEP 3: Add the remaining olive oil, vinegar, artichokes, salami, pepperoncini, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, basil, and oregano to a mixing bowl. (See below for other ingredient suggestions.)
STEP 4: Toss to combine.
STEP 5: Place the slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breasts. Make sure the cheese isn't overlapping so that everything melts evenly.
STEP 6: Spoon the antipasto mixture over top of the cheese. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook on broil. Once the cheese has started to brown and the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the oven. Lastly, garnish with remaining fresh herbs, and red pepper flakes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: warm your Antipasto Chicken in a skillet over medium heat. Alternatively, you can reheat it in the oven at 300°F until warmed through.
- Repurposing leftovers: if you have leftover antipasto ingredients, you can make this Antipasto Salad the next day for lunch. Or you can skewer them up to make these Antipasto Kebabs
- Protein: This is also delicious make with a nice thick-cut pork chop, or even seared salmon.
- Change the cheese: This is also amazing with smoked mozzarella, provolone, havarti, Manchego, sharp white cheddar, cream cheese, or goat cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
The literal translation is "Before the meal". Antipasto is an Italian appetizer, typically prepared with olives, anchovies, cheeses, and meats.
Chicken cutlets are just chicken breasts, sliced thin or pounded out thin. Chicken tenders are found under the breast meat, making them a bit more tender than regular chicken breasts.
Yes! I recommend butterflying the chicken breasts or pounding them out thinner. This will ensure that they cook more evenly. You can also use chicken thighs, but they may take a bit longer to cook.
Use a meat thermometer! Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print