This low carb Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad recipe is the perfect quick and easy lunch recipe. Tender, juicy chicken, smoky bacon, spicy jalapeños, garlic, and red onion, tossed with creamy mayo, Dijon, and fresh herbs and spices. It is incredibly flavorful and comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for keto meal prep. Enjoy it in a low carb sandwich, as a lettuce wrap, or even as a dip.
This recipe is from my book Dairy Free Keto Cooking. It has over 170 dairy free keto recipes and over 100 pages of resources. It contains everything you need to find ease and success living a keto lifestyle.
Ingredients in Whole30 Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
Step by Step Instructions
How to make Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
STEP 1: Add the chicken, bacon, onions, chives, jalapeños, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a large bowl.
STEP 2: Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and add more hot sauce and/or salt, if desired.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a couple of ways to roast the jalapeños. If you have a gas range, you can roast them directly over the flame, turning them frequently so they do not burn. They are done when they are charred and slightly blistered. Alternatively, you can lay them on a baking sheet and put them under the oven broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.
If you are not a fan of mayo, or cannot have eggs, Greek yogurt makes a great substitution in this recipe. If you substitute with yogurt, I recommend omitting the vinegar.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This low carb Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad recipe from my book Dairy Free Keto Cooking is the perfect quick and easy lunch recipe. Tender, juicy chicken, smoky bacon, spicy jalapeños, garlic, and red onion, tossed with creamy mayo, Dijon, and fresh herbs and spices. It is incredibly flavorful and comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for keto meal prep. Enjoy it in a low carb sandwich, as a lettuce wrap, or even as a dip.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I get all my organic, free-range chicken here)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 roasted jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise (get my homemade recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 batches Keto Everything Buns (optional for making sandwiches)
- romaine lettuce leaves (optional for making lettuce wraps)
- Put the chicken, bacon, onions, chives, jalapeños, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix until the ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and add more hot sauce and/or salt, if desired.
- Serve on my Keto Everything Buns, in lettuce wraps, or all on its own.
- net carbs per serving: 0.7g
- Storage: Store the leftover Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use Rotisserie Chicken: To make this keto chicken salad recipe even easier, use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Cheese it Up: If you are not concerned with keeping this a dairy free chicken salad recipe, it is also delicious with some cream cheese or sharp cheddar cheese added.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 21.8g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 55.2g
Keywords: paleo chicken salad, jalapeno popper chicken salad, low carb chicken salad recipes, the best chicken salad recipe, whole30 chicken salad, keto chicken recipes, paleo chicken recipes, low carb jalapeño poppers, keto chicken salad, keto salad recipes, low carb salad recipes
Kristie Washington says
This Is Amazing! Will Be Making It Over And Over.
Highly recommend. We made the chicken in the air fryer while getting the bacon cooked and other ingredients together. Such an easy dinner. My husband is taking leftovers for lunch! Also, the store was out of jalapeños, so we substituted pickled jalapeños and it turned out great!
Stacey Scott says
I have been following you for about a decade now and have loved so many of your recipes. I have never left a review before but I just had to for this recipe. I can't tell you how much I love it!!! So simple but with such great flavor. Thank you!
José O. says
This is awesome I love jalapeño poppers and I think this is a great recipe to eat them without regrets
Paula D says
I've been making this on repeat since I first bought your cookbook. I never get tired of it. Thank you for creating such a delicious recipe.
This weekend a large family gathering is planned. You just solved what to bring. Since kids will be involved, I will soak the jalapenoe in 7-Up (not diet) for about 25 min to remove some of the heat. I will need to double this recipe but don't believe that will be a problem.