These Bruschetta Stuffed Avocados are a quick keto snack when you’re craving something fresh and full of flavor. Pair with a protein for an easy low carb meal.
These Bruschetta Stuffed Avocados are the perfect vegetarian keto lunch.
With juicy tomatoes, savory kalamata olives, meaty artichoke hearts, salty capers, avocado oil, balsamic, fresh garlic, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper, there’s no shortage of flavor in this low carb bruschetta. Stuffing this low carb bruschetta recipe into an avocado adds some more healthy fat and fiber to make this a satisfying dish that will really stick to your ribs. It’s the perfect vegan, vegetarian and even Whole30, keto recipe.
Carbs in tomatoes
Tomatoes add such a fresh element to dishes, which is probably why you’ll find so many low carb tomato recipes on my site. While tomatoes are higher in carbs and natural sugars that some other fruits and vegetables you might enjoy, you can still work them into a low carb diet, and you can definitely make room for tomatoes on keto.
While this Bruschetta Stuffed Avocado recipe has 21.8g total carbs per serving, there’s a good bit of fiber from the avocados: only 9.2g net carbs per serving.
Yes, you can have tomatoes on keto, and this recipe is a great way to enjoy them. Plus, I will never be the one to demonize fresh fruits and vegetables. I can honestly tell you that it wasn't tomatoes that contributed to my life long struggles with my weight. Don't blame the butter for what the bread did, so to speak. Or in this case, don't blame the tomatoes for what the chips did.
Make this a full meal by adding your favorite protein
Want to boost the protein in this dairy free keto recipe and turn this paleo bruschetta into a full meal? Just add your favorite protein. I like to add rotisserie chicken, or even some sautéed shrimp. For a more deconstructed option, just grill up some chicken breasts and serve alongside these stuffed avocados. You could also remix this recipe entirely and make my Avocado Taco Boats.
More easy low carb recipes:
- Keto Thai Shrimp Cakes
- Cucumber Greek Salad
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Oven Roasted Basil Parmesan Tomatoes
- Cumin Spiced Beef Wraps
- Caesar Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Dill Chicken Salad
- Asian Tuna Cakes
- Curried Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Bruschetta Stuffed Avocados
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced (you can also use a pint of grape tomatoes, quartered)
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (this is the only salt I use)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Add all ingredients (minus the avocado) to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, slice 2 avocados lengthwise and remove the pits.
- Scoop the chilled bruschetta into the avocados and serve.
net carbs per serving: 9.2g
- Serving Size: 1 half avocado
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 15.9g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Protein: 5.6g
Keywords: Low carb bruschetta Low carb salad, Keto appetizer, Easy low carb lunch recipe, Keto summer salad, Keto taco recipe, Vegan appetizer, Whole30 taco