These Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs are the perfect low carb appetizer to serve at your next keto get together. They are the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
The best Asian chicken meatballs
Sweet and savory and full of asian flavors, these gluten free meatballs are the perfect low carb appetizer, snack, or meal. While other keto meatball recipes might be good, these meatballs themselves are bursting with flavor from toasted sesame oil, garlic, fresh ginger, green onions, sea salt, and cilantro, but what really puts this recipe over the top is the sugar free asian sauce. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy, and you’ll want to double dip every bite.
Perfect for keto meal prep
Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs are not only delicious, but they’re super easy to prep whether you’re just looking for an easy keto recipe or a keto appetizer to satisfy a crowd. You can make a few batches in advance and they reheat so well.
Better than takeout
Typically, if you’re craving Chinese food on keto, you’re going to have to skip out on the rice, noodles, and sauces. That leaves you with steamed veggies and usually a steamed or grilled protein … not too exciting. These asian keto meatballs are better than other chicken meatballs recipes because they bring back all the asian flavors without the sugar and excessive carbs. You can enjoy them on their own, or serve these paleo meatballs on a bed of shredded cabbage and use the dipping sauce as a dressing. While this was originally written as a ground chicken recipe, you could swap chicken for ground pork, or do half and half. The best part? This recipe comes together faster than it takes to call in for takeout and wait for delivery.
Can you make meatballs without eggs?
You can definitely make these keto chicken meatballs without egg. The key to gluten free meatball recipes is making sure that you have a good binder, which doesn’t always mean eggs. In this recipe, coconut flour works really well because it’s so absorbent, and easily binds to the ground chicken. If you can’t do eggs, just omit them for this recipe.
More keto meatball recipes:
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
- Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Italian Meatball Zoodle Soup
- White Cheddar, Sun-dried Tomato, Avocado Stuffed Meatballs
- Easy Peasy Wontonless Soup
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 40 Meatballs (8 servings) 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian
For the meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground chicken (you can also use ground pork, turkey, or beef)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I swear by Real Salt)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
For the dipping sauce:
For the meatballs:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs and mix until well incorporated.
- If the mixture seems too soft or sticky, refrigerate for 15 minutes before forming the meatballs.
- Form the meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs, making a total of 40. Line the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
For the dipping sauce:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and which until well incorporated. Serve drizzled over top of, or alongside the meatballs.
Net Carbs per 5 Meatballs: 1.1g
Dipping Sauce (per batch) Calories: 30 | Fat: 0.1g | Protein: 2.3g | Total Carbs: 5.4g | Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Serving Size: 5 meatballs
- Calories: 199
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: keto meatballs, keto asian food, low carb recipes, low carb meatballs, keto food blog, keto recipes