These Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are tender and juicy, and incredibly flavorful - savory chicken meatballs, topped with homemade marinara sauce, melty cheese and fresh herbs.All the flavors of chicken parmesan in delicious bite size for.
Ingredients in Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Recipe Tips and Variations
Just a few notes about these low carb chicken parmesan meatballs. Ground chicken is very soft and is hard to form into meatballs. But, once you get them rounded, they will keep their shape. Alternately, you can also substitute ground turkey or ground beef. You can even use ground pork if you like. I used my Low Carb Marinara Sauce for this recipe. Feel free to substitute a store-bought sauce to make this dish, but be sure to look for a variation free of added sugars. Look for a brand that only uses ingredients like fresh herbs and vegetables. I have no doubt that these low carb meatballs will be going into heavy rotation in your low carb meal planning
Other recipes you might enjoy
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Total Time: 43 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Meatballs -tender and juicy chicken meatballs, topped with marinara sauce, cheese and fresh herbs. All the flavors of chicken parmesan in delicious bite size form.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup Three Cheese Garlic Marinara Sauce (get the recipe here)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Form the mixture into 12 equal meatballs. Place the meatballs in the prepared baking dish, leaving space between each meatball. Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and spoon the remaining sauce over the top of each meatball. Then top each meatball with mozzarella cheese.
- Increase the oven heat to broil and transfer the meatballs back to the oven until cheese is melted and golden brown – About 2 to 3 minutes.
- net carbs per serving: 3g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I like to reheat these in the air fryer or in the oven, with a little extra sauce and cheese
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3 Meatballs
- Calories: 257kcal
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: keto meatballs, low carb meatballs, chicken parmesan meatballs, gluten free meatball recipes, chicken meatballs recipes, keto chicken parmesan, can you make meatballs without breading
These were amazing!! The whole family loved it!
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Question...you mention you use pork rinds to bind the meatballs but they're not in the ingredient list. Do you recommend using them and if so, how much?
NVM that question. I just made them with the ingredients as listed and they held together perfectly and tasted oh so Yum!
Christine Millette says
Corinne A says
Easy to make. Tasty. Next time might add some bacon grease for binding as a test.
These were amazingly good!
I have made these several times, and they are excellent.