These low carb chicken parmesan meatballs are so simple and delicious. I get asked all the time “How can you make meatballs low carb”? Well it is pretty easy, actually. Instead of using a high carb binder like breadcrumbs or crushed crackers, you can use low carb binder substitutions like crushed pork rinds or parmesan cheese. They hold these low carb, keto meatballs together perfectly, while keeping the meatballs incredibly juicy.
Just a few notes about these low carb chicken parmesan meatballs. Ground chicken is very soft and is hard to form into meatballs. But, once you get them rounded, they will keep their shape. Alternately, you can also substitute ground turkey or ground beef. You can even use ground pork if you like. Using ground beef or ground pork will increase the fat content, making them more keto friendly. I used my Low Carb Marinara Sauce for this recipe. Feel free to substitute a store-bought sauce to make this dish, but be sure to look for a variation free of added sugars. Look for a brand that only uses ingredients like fresh herbs and vegetables. I have no doubt that these low carb meatballs will be going into heavy rotation in your low carb meal planning.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb keto meatball recipes:
CLICK HERE TO ORDER MY NEW BOOK: 30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Three Cheese Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, 2 tablespoons of the Three Cheese Garlic Marinara Sauce, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Form the mixture into 12 equal meatballs. Place the meatballs in the prepared baking dish, leaving space between each meatball. Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and spoon the remaining sauce over the top of each meatball. Then top each meatball with mozzarella cheese.
- Increase the oven heat to broil and transfer the meatballs back to the oven until cheese is melted and golden brown – About 2-3 minutes.
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***