These keto buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect quick and easy low carb game day appetizer
While I am a huge fan of keto wing recipes, from time to time, I like to kick things up a notch. These keto buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect quick and easy low carb game day appetizer. Can you tell I've got football on the brain? Actually, they are perfect for any event, party, get together, or even the idle Tuesday night at home.
What I like most about these keto buffalo chicken meatballs is that they have all the delicious flavors of buffalo wings, but without all the mess. Better yet, they are baked and not fried, making them a much healthier option.
These low carb meatballs are bursting with flavor. The combination of buffalo wing sauce and creamy blue cheese crumbles are a match made in heaven. I love to serve these with a side of celery sticks and my Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing. If you are not a fan of blue cheese, try making these meatballs with feta cheese instead and serving it with my Keto Avocado Ranch Dressing.
If you would like to make these keto buffalo chicken meatballs in the slow cooker, simply form them into meatballs, line them in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour the sauce over top. Cook them on low for 3 hours.
Keto meatballs are one of my favorite things to make during my weekly meal prep. They reheat well, are portable and they are quick and easy to make. Here are a few of my favorite low carb meatball recipes - Keto Sausage Balls, White Cheddar, Sun-Dried Tomato and Avocado Stuffed Meatballs, Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs, and Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
In addition to these Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, check out some of my other favorite buffalo chicken recipes:
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
NOTE: If you can't find ground chicken at your local grocer, feel free to substitute ground turkey or ground beef.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 5 Servings 1x
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided (I use this brand)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 ribs celery, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- (optional): 2 large green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up two ribs of celery to put into the meatball mixture. Cut the other ribs into dipping stick sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, chopped celery, ¼ cup of the buffalo wing sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Form meat mixture into 25 meatballs. Line the meatballs on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, heat the remainder of the buffalo wing sauce and the butter over low heat, until the butter is completely melted and is well combined with the buffalo wing sauce.
- Once the meatballs have finished cooking, gently toss them in the sauce until they are generously coated.
- Garnish: Sprinkle chopped green onions over meatballs before serving.
- Serving Size: 5 Meatballs
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: keto appetizers, low carb snacks, low carb meatballs, keto meatball recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes, sugar free recipes