These keto buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect quick and easy low carb game day appetizer
While I am a huge fan of keto wing recipes, from time to time, I like to kick things up a notch. These keto buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect quick and easy low carb game day appetizer. Can you tell I've got football on the brain? Actually, they are perfect for any event, party, get together, or even the idle Tuesday night at home.
What I like most about these keto buffalo chicken meatballs is that they have all the delicious flavors of buffalo wings, but without all the mess. Better yet, they are baked and not fried, making them a much healthier option.
These low carb meatballs are bursting with flavor. The combination of buffalo wing sauce and creamy blue cheese crumbles are a match made in heaven. I love to serve these with a side of celery sticks and my Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing. If you are not a fan of blue cheese, try making these meatballs with feta cheese instead and serving it with my Keto Avocado Ranch Dressing.
If you would like to make these keto buffalo chicken meatballs in the slow cooker, simply form them into meatballs, line them in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour the sauce over top. Cook them on low for 3 hours.
Keto meatballs are one of my favorite things to make during my weekly meal prep. They reheat well, are portable and they are quick and easy to make. Here are a few of my favorite low carb meatball recipes - Keto Sausage Balls, White Cheddar, Sun-Dried Tomato and Avocado Stuffed Meatballs, Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs, and Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
In addition to these Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, check out some of my other favorite buffalo chicken recipes:
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 5 Servings 1x
NOTE: If you can't find ground chicken at your local grocer, feel free to substitute ground turkey or ground beef.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided (I use this brand)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 ribs celery, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- (optional): 2 large green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up two ribs of celery to put into the meatball mixture. Cut the other ribs into dipping stick sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, chopped celery, ¼ cup of the buffalo wing sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Form meat mixture into 25 meatballs. Line the meatballs on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, heat the remainder of the buffalo wing sauce and the butter over low heat, until the butter is completely melted and is well combined with the buffalo wing sauce.
- Once the meatballs have finished cooking, gently toss them in the sauce until they are generously coated.
- Garnish: Sprinkle chopped green onions over meatballs before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 5 Meatballs
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: keto appetizers, low carb snacks, low carb meatballs, keto meatball recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes, sugar free recipes
Question: With these Buffalo Blue Chicken Meatballs you have a small bowl of dressing in the photo....
What type of dressing is that? Ranch? (I saw a ranch recipe on your site...)...
BTW...I just found this site last week.....Everything looks incredible....
Do you have a Primal cocktail section? I occasionally make frozen banana daiquiris in the blender with a frozen banana, rum, collagen powder and water....Pretty good...
Tiffany W says
Hi Kyndra I just pre ordered your cookbook will this recipe and some of the others like that are in the low-carbing among friends book also be in your new one? Thanks for your hard work in doing these!
Kyndra Holley says
Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much for ordering my book. This recipe is published in the LCAF Vol. 3 and therefore can't be published anywhere else but there are a ton of recipes in my new book and some never before seen new recipes. Thanks
Tiffany W says
Thanks Kyndra for the response 🙂 Can't wait to get it went ahead and ordered the other one as well haha. I have tried so many of your recopies since taking on my weight loss journey. I really appreciate your hard work the fact there's so many different things to try and keeps the food fun and interesting! 🙂
So not cool to post a recipe and then take it down because of the cookbook. New recipes yes, old recipes no.
Kyndra Holley says
Contractually I had to once it was published. But thanks! Feel free to move on now