So many delicious flavors all in one dish. These White Cheddar and Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Stuffed Meatballs, are juicy, delicious, and crazy flavorful.
These stuffed meatballs were so good that they never even made it to a plate. My family stood around the serving dish in the kitchen, eating one after another. The second they were gone, we all wished there were more! These are very easy to adapt to your own liking. Want to make it paleo? No problem, just skip the cheese. Not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes? Just omit them. I recommend cooking one test meatball before cooking the whole batch to make sure that the seasoning is where you want it. If you prefer to bake these instead, just line them on a rimmed baking sheet and bake them at 400° for about 15 minutes. However, pan frying them makes a nice brown sear that adds a lot of flavor.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Check out some of my other favorite low carb meatball recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Meatballs
- Turkey Dijon Meatballs
- Italian Meatball Zoodle Soup
- Easy Peasy Wonton-less Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons rough chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons dried minced onion (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, garlic, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, Dijon mustard, minced onion, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form the meat mixture into 25 equal sized meatballs. No need to make them perfectly round at this stage as we still need to stuff them.
- Press your thumb into the center of the meatball to make a pocket. Put the avocado in the center and then form the meatball around it.
- Repeat this process with each meatball.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the meatballs to the pan. Brown on all sides. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- If the meatballs are sticking to the pan, slide a rubber spatula underneath them to unstick them while still keeping them in tact.
Per Serving (5 Meatballs) Calories: 502 | Fat: 33 g | Protein: 45 g | Total Carbs: 6.6 g | Fiber: 2.4 g | Net Carbs: 4.2 g
- Serving Size: 5 Meatballs