I came up with these tomato dijon turkey meatballs when I completed my first Whole30. It was one of those random dishes that came together solely because I was overdue for a grocery shopping trip and was trying to throw something together with the ingredients that I had on hand. I’m sure this may sound like an odd combination, but let me assure you, it works! You can also prepare these keto meatballs with ground chicken, ground beef, or any combination of ground meats you like.
Low carb meatballs are one of my favorite things to make for weekly meal prep. They are easy to make and they reheat well. This makes them a winning combination in my book. I eat them by themselves, pair them with eggs for breakfast, or toss them on top of a hearty salad for lunch.
A lot of people think that meatballs have to have some sort of binder like bread crumbs or panko, that’s simply not true. You can make a tender and juicy meatball that won’t fall apart without the use of a breadcrumbs or even eggs. But if you want to add something to your meatballs that will add that density and really lock in the moisture, try using crushed pork rinds or even grated parmesan cheese.
In addition to these Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs, check out some of my other favorite low carb meatball recipes:
Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey, mustard, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 12 evenly sized meatballs.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 25 minutes on the middle rack. Pour the juices from the sheet pan over top of the meatballs before serving.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 5 net g
- Protein: 32g