Buffalo wings and boneless wings are two of my favorite appetizers to order when dining out. At many restaurants, the wings are already low carb and gluten free. As long as they aren’t dredging the wings in flour before frying, you are usually in the clear. Just ask if the wings are gluten free. If they say yes, chances are great that they are also very low in carbs. However, that is never the case with boneless wings. They are never low carb and gluten free. Which for me, takes them off the menu when dining out. But have no fear, I have the perfect solution. These Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wing have all of the flavor and crunch of bar style boneless wings, but without all the carbs.
Looking for other low carb appetizer ideas?
I have some perfect options for you. How about these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, or these Loaded Sweet Potato Bites. Not quite what you are looking for? Maybe these will float your boat – Fried Mozzarella Balls or Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Zero Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Trim excess fat off chicken breast and cut into large chunks.
- In a food processor combine pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder and pulse until ingredients are well combined and moderately fine. Pour mixture onto a plate, in a thin layer.
- Heat an inch of oil over medium-high heat. I use a non-stick wok for stove-top deep frying. The high sides reduce splatter and make clean up a cinch.
- Press the chicken chunks firmly into the breading mixture, coating both sides (Doing it this way will help the breading bind to the chicken much better than just shaking them in the breading mixture.)
- Once oil is hot and begins to bubble, drop the breaded chicken into the oil. Using tongs, flip the chicken pieces a few times until they are golden brown and crisp on both sides - About 3 minutes each side.
- After removing chicken from oil, allow to cool on a paper towel to soak up excess grease. This will also give the breading a chance to crisp up so that it stays on.
- Melt the butter and mix with buffalo wing sauce. Lightly toss the Chicken in the sauce.
Per Serving - Calories: 350 | Fat: 15g | Protein: 40g | Net Carbs: 0.5g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***