These avocado taco boats are the perfect way to level up your Taco Tuesday routine. They are the perfect portable individual serving, making them great for parties and get togethers. I like to use the extra avocado to whip up a batch of Jon’s Guacamole. If you are looking for some other Mexican inspired recipes, check out my Creamy Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken, Mexican Cauliflower Rice or Green Chile Chorizo and Chicken Mexican Casserole.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tbsp Taco Seasoning (recipe here)
- 2 large avocados
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 4 pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 romaine leaves, shredded
- Prepare your taco meat – Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat and drain the excess grease. Add 2/3 cup water and 4 tbsp taco seasoning, reduce heat to low and let simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the avocados in half and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado.
- Add 1/4 of the shredded lettuce into the bottom of each empty avocado shell.
- Next, add 1/4 of the ground beef into each shell
- Top each one with cheese, salsa, sour cream, tomato, jalapeno and avocado.
Per Serving – Calories: 460 | Fat: 35g | Protein: 32g | Net Carbs: 5g