Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice is the perfect option when you’re craving takeout. Not only is this an easy swap, but this keto fried rice is loaded with veggies.
This Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice is the perfect healthy fried rice
Buttery fried “rice” with succulent shrimp, peas, carrots, and green onions, plus savory Asian flavor from coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil, and rice vinegar, and just the right amount of fluffy fried egg … this keto fried rice has everything you could want from the takeout classic, without all the carbs. Plus, it's ready in less than 30 minutes!
I love this recipe because it comes together so quickly. You can switch up the protein option (try chicken, lump crab meat, or flank steak) and the leftovers are delicious.
The secret to easy cauliflower rice: riced cauliflower
Riced cauliflower (or cauliflower rice) is everywhere nowadays. If you can find the refrigerated version I recommend cooking with that instead of the frozen kind -- it’ll get nice and crispy because it doesn’t store as much moisture as the frozen option.
If you can’t find pre-made frozen or refrigerated cauliflower rice, it’s easy to make your own in a food processor. Grab a head of cauliflower, you’ll need one that’s about 2 pounds. Cut the cauliflower up into florets and pulse in a food processor until it reaches the desired size. This is much more cost effective if you have the time. You can also add some broccoli florets as well.
Why I put peas and carrots in my low carb shrimp fried rice
The short reason: because I want to. Peas and carrots add a pop of color and sweetness, plus a little variation in texture. While omitting peas and carrots would cut the carbs in this recipe, the amount used is still keto-friendly and low carb, and to me, it’s totally worth it.
In addition to this cauliflower fried rice recipe, check out some of my other favorite asian inspired keto recipes:
- Keto Thai Shrimp Cakes
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
- Paleo Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
- Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- Keto Wonton-less Soup
- Gluten Free Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Keto Mongolian Beef
- Asian Tuna Cakes
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large green onions, sliced on the bias (green and white parts separated)
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 4 baby carrots, thinly sliced on a bias
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup bay shrimp
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos for Whole30, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar (I use this brand)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Heat a wok or high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, the toasted sesame oil, garlic, and white parts of the onions to the pan and stir-fry until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, carrots, and remaining butter and stir-fry, stirring constantly for 6 to7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Next, stir in the peas, bay shrimp, soy sauce and rice vinegar, and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Push all ingredients to one side of the pan and on the other side, pour in the eggs and lightly scramble them. Mix the eggs in with the rest of the ingredients and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
net carbs per serving: 11.9g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 8.4g
Keywords: Low carb shrimp fried rice, Cauliflower fried rice recipe, Keto fried rice, Easy cauliflower rice, Healthy fried rice