This keto bang bang cauliflower is nice and crispy and perfectly spiced. It is sure to become one of your favorite low carb side dishes. I love to serve this along side my keto beef and broccoli recipe.
What is bang bang sauce and where did it originate?
I think when most people hear the term "bang bang" in relation to food, they automatically associate it with bang bang chicken or bang bang shrimp. You will find Bang Bang Shrimp or Bang Bang Chicken recipes on many traditional Chinese menus. You may even see it called Bon Bon, Pon Pon, or Pang Bang. It is said to have gotten the name bang bang because of the sound that the wooden stick made as it beat the chicken to tenderize it.
But why get take-out when you can make a healthier gluten free version with ingredients from your local grocery store? Low carb bang bang sauce comes in many different variations, but the common theme is that it is nutty and spicy. Many variations are made with a sweet chili sauce. But for this recipe, we are going a less conventional route to keep it keto friendly.
How do you make low carb bang bang cauliflower?
There are many different ways to make keto bang bang recipes. For example, some are breaded and deep fried, or even pan-fried in olive oil. Others are completely tossed in the sauce, while others may just have the sauce drizzled over top. For this recipe, we are going to use a baking sheet. I love the flavor of oven roasted cauliflower. Those browned, crispy edges are my favorite.
Fun ways to mix up this keto bang bang cauliflower recipe:
- Drizzle some of your favorite hot sauce over top to kick it up a notch
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro or sliced green onions
- Add a little mayonnaise to the sauce to give it a creaminess
- Add some crushed garlic. Because, well... everything is better with garlic
In addition to this keto bang bang cauliflower, check out some of my other favorite keto cauliflower recipes:
- Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole
- Fried Radish and Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Low Carb Mushroom Risotto with Cauliflower Rice
Click HERE to PIN