You are simply going to love this quick and easy au gratin recipe:
I am a big fan of one pot keto meals. I love being able to throw a bunch of healthy low carb ingredients all in one pan and transform them into something delicious. This low carb au gratin recipe is the perfect comfort food side dish. It goes great with just about any protein. Growing up we ate a lot of boxed potatoes au gratin. You know, with those waxy, thinly sliced things that resembled poker chips. We can’t forget the packet of powdered cheese. Well this is not the boxed au gratin of my 80’s childhood. This golden brown and bubbly cauliflower au gratin casserole is sure to because a low carb side dish staple for years to come.
What are some fun ways I can mix up this keto cauliflower au gratin recipe?
- add some broccoli or any of your other favorite low carb vegetables
- add a pinch of nutmeg
- add some chicken or beef and turn this keto side dish into a full meal
- add some smoky bacon
- add some shiritaki noodles and turn it into a low carb pasta dish
- make it with cauliflower rice instead of florets
In addition to this keto cauliflower au gratin, check out some of my other favorite keto side dishes:
- Lemon Pepper Green Beans
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Low Carb Three Cheese Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Low Carb Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach
- Paprika Roasted Radishes and Onions
- 1 large head of cauliflower (6 to 7 inches in diameter), trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granular erythritol, optional (I use this brand)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onions to the pan and cook until soft and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and erythritol, if using, to the pan with the onions, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the skillet and toss to combine with the onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over top of the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the gruyere over top and bake for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the top is golden brown and bubbly.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 7.2g
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 26.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 12.5g
Keywords: low carb side dishes, keto side dishes, keto cauliflower recipes, keto au gratin, keto skillet meals
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. Naomi loves nothing more than to take old-school favourites and give them a healthy twist. “There is nothing more fun than creating an amazing dish and then being able to style and photograph it to share with the world” She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.