- 1 large head of cauliflower (6 to 7 inches in diameter), trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granular erythritol, optional (I use this brand)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onions to the pan and cook until soft and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and erythritol, if using, to the pan with the onions, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the skillet and toss to combine with the onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over top of the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the gruyere over top and bake for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the top is golden brown and bubbly.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 7.2g
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 26.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 12.5g
Keywords: low carb side dishes, keto side dishes, keto cauliflower recipes, keto au gratin, keto skillet meals