This Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash is rich and creamy and doesn’t even need gravy. It is flavorful all on it’s own. It is the perfect low carb side dish.
It is really hard to make a pile of mash look pretty, but trust me when I tell you that this is seriously delicious. It doesn’t need a low carb gravy or any other kind of sauce. It is amazing straight out of the bowl. This keto herbed goat cheese cauliflower mash is one of my very favorite low carb side recipes. It pairs well with just about anything, but two of my favorite dishes to pair it with are my Keto Dijon Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops or my Pan Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions
This low carb cauliflower mash makes a great low carb substitution for mashed potatoes. Often times, cauliflower mash can be on the watery side because the cauliflower is typically steamed in water or broth and it can be absorbent like a sponge, holding in the liquid. I like to dry roast my cauliflower with only salt and pepper to prevent this. It makes the cauliflower mash a lot closer to actual potatoes and it really enhances the flavor. Also, roasting the cauliflower on a silicone baking mat makes the clean up a cinch.
Depending on the size of the head of cauliflower you use, you may want to add more heavy cream or butter than the recipes calls for. If the cauliflower mash feels too thick, just slowly add additional heavy cream as you puree it until it reaches the desired consistency. Additionally, you can also add chicken stock. Don’t forget to check out some of my other favorite low carb cauliflower recipes and low carb side dish recipes.
Did you know that I have 3 new cooks coming out? You can check them out HERE.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Core the cauliflower and cut it into florets. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer across the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the cauliflower generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower on the middle rack for 20 to 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- Combine the roasted cauliflower, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, dill, garlic, and red pepper flakes, if using, into a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and fluffy. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with butter and chopped herbs before serving.
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g