This Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash is rich and creamy and doesn’t even need gravy. It is flavorful all on its own. Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash is the perfect low carb side dish.
Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash: the perfect keto side dish
It is really hard to make a pile of mash look pretty, but trust me when I tell you that this is seriously delicious. It doesn’t need a low carb gravy or any other kind of sauce. It is amazing straight out of the bowl. This keto herbed goat cheese cauliflower mash is one of my very favorite low carb side recipes. It pairs well with just about anything, but two of my favorite dishes to pair it with are my Keto Dijon Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops or my Pan Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions
How to make cauliflower mash
This low carb cauliflower mash makes a great low carb substitution for mashed potatoes. Often times, cauliflower mash can be on the watery side because the cauliflower is typically steamed in water or broth and it can be absorbent like a sponge, holding in the liquid. I like to dry roast my cauliflower with only salt and pepper to prevent this. It makes the cauliflower mash a lot closer to actual potatoes and it really enhances the flavor. Also, roasting the cauliflower on a silicone baking mat makes the clean up a cinch.
Depending on the size of the head of cauliflower you use, you may want to add more heavy cream or butter than the recipes calls for. If the cauliflower mash feels too thick, just slowly add additional heavy cream as you puree it until it reaches the desired consistency. Additionally, you can also add chicken stock. Don’t forget to check out some of my other favorite low carb cauliflower recipes and low carb side dish recipes.
In addition to this Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto side dish recipes:
- Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Paprika Roasted Radishes
- Lemon Pepper Green Beans
- Three Cheese Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach
- Roasted Garlic Turnip Puree with Chorizo
Keto Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
Grab a copy of 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking – Here
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Core the cauliflower and cut it into florets. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer across the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the cauliflower generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower on the middle rack for 20 to 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- Combine the roasted cauliflower, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, dill, garlic, and red pepper flakes, if using, into a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and fluffy. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with butter and chopped herbs before serving.
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding