This Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions will have your friends and family feeling like they are eating at a fine dining restaurant. The acidity of the balsamic vinegar and the richness of the heavy cream come together to make an amazingly flavorful sauce. You will want to make it time and time again. I love to serve it alongside my Chive and Horseradish Cauliflower Mash or my Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf.
Check out some of my other favorite chicken dishes:
- 33 Low Carb Ways to Jazz Up Boring Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Scampi
- Chicken Pot Pie – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Muffuletta Chicken
- Sour Cream Smothered Chicken
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with sea salt and black pepper on both sides. In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add 2 tbsp butter and onions. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized - About 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a separate pan, over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken breasts in remaining 3 tbsp of butter. Brown on both sides - Remove from pan and set aside. (Chicken will not be fully cooking during this stage)
- De-glaze the pan with chicken broth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the pan and mix in any remaining bits of chicken. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and a little sea salt and black pepper. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts back to the sauce pan, and simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through. About 10-15 minutes
- Remove chicken breasts from the pan and plate. Add the Parmesan cheese and caramelized onions to the sauce and stir until the cheese is melted in to the sauce. Pour sauce over top of chicken.
Per Serving - Calories: 482 | Fat: 33g | Protein: 42g | Net Carbs: 6.5g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***