Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions - Tender, juicy chicken breasts, pan-seared to perfection, caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms, paired with a silky balsamic cream sauce. This dish will have your loved ones feeling like they are eating at a fine dining restaurant. The pan drippings from cooking the chicken, paired with the acidity of the balsamic vinegar and the richness of the heavy cream come together to make an incredibly flavorful sauce that also doubles as an amazing gravy.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (4 total) (I get my organic, pasture raised chicken here)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the onions. Cook until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 30 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high heat, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and pan-sear the chicken on both sides until it is a deep golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside. (Chicken will not be fully cooking during this stage)
- De-glaze the pan with chicken stock. Using a rubber spatula, scrape up and mix in any remaining bits of chicken stuck to the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low to low, add the heavy cream, parmesan, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Let simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by half and thickened.
- Add the chicken and caramelized onions back to the pan, and simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- net carbs per serving: 6.7g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this on the stovetop and adding a little extra cream to the sauce to help revive it.
- Use chicken thighs: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, but chicken thighs would work also. You've gotta love the crispy skin on bone-in chicken thighs. Yum! (Keto Chicken Recipes)
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 618
- Fat: 44.2
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 44.9g
Keywords: keto chicken recipes, restaurant quality keto recipes, pan-seared chicken, chicken with cream sauce, low carb chicken recipes, gluten free chicken recipes, one pot keto recipes