[sg_popup id=”7″ event=”onload”][/sg_popup]
I was well into my adulthood before I tried fresh green beans. I was raised on the mushy canned variety. I liked them. In fact, I still do. However, nothing holds a candle to a properly prepared fresh haricot vert long bean. My love affair with fresh green beans came about when I made my Green Bean Casserole Recipe for the first time. It was love at first bite!
Check out some of my other favorite low carb vegetable side dish recipes:
- Butter Roasted Radishes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Lemon Pepper Green Beans - Low Carb, Paleo
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tbsp butter (ghee, or coconut oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans to the pot. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the beans in a colander and submerge in an ice water bath to shock them and stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, and red pepper akes to butter and mix in.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss to coat in the butter.
- Sauté an additional 5-7 minutes or until crisp tender. Add sea salt and black pepper if needed.
Per Serving - Calories: 85 | Carbs: 5.3g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 1.3g | Fiber: 2.5g | Net Carbs: 2.8g