Lemon Pepper Green Beans: fresh green beans, cooked to perfection with a bit of crunch, served with a perfectly seasoned, buttery lemon pepper sauce.
Lemon Pepper Green Beans: a fresh and flavorful keto side dish
I was well into my adulthood before I tried fresh green beans. I was raised on the mushy canned variety. I liked them. In fact, I still do. However, nothing holds a candle to a properly prepared fresh haricot vert long bean. My love affair with fresh green beans came about when I made my Green Bean Casserole Recipe for the first time. It was love at first bite!
In addition to these Lemon Pepper Green Beans, check out some of my other favorite low carb vegetable side dish recipes:
- Butter Roasted Radishes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage
- Loaded Mock Keto Potato Salad
Lemon Pepper Green Beans - Low Carb, Paleo
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter (ghee, or butter flavored coconut oil for whole30)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans to the pot. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the beans in a colander and submerge in an ice water bath to shock them and stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, and red pepper akes to butter and mix in.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss to coat in the butter.
- Sauté an additional 5-7 minutes or until crisp tender. Add sea salt and black pepper if needed.
2.8g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1.3g