This cheesy garlic creamed spinach recipe is sure to go into high rotation in your bank of low carb side dish recipes
I am proud to share another recipe from my newest cookbook. Low Carb Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach. This is the kind of recipe that will get your children eating more “green things”. In our home, it is kid and adult approved. It is rich and flavorful, but crazy easy to prepare. I hope you love it as much as we do. I’m excited for you to see the rest of the recipes in my book! The Primal Low Carb Kitchen Cookbook is available wherever books are sold. Read more about the book and order it –Here. It has received some amazing praise.
What can you expect from The Primal Low Carb Kitchen?
- 85+ Low Carb, Primal and Gluten Free Recipes
- All easy to find, whole food ingredients
- Full page color photo for every recipe
- Nutritional analysis for each recipe
- Simple swaps for your favorite snacks
- Creative ways to maximize your grocery budget
- My kitchen must haves
- Seasoning and spice blends
- and much more…
There is something so mouth-watering about preparing this creamed spinach recipe with a thick, juicy cut of steak. They complement each other perfectly. This creamed spinach is also delicious stuffed inside of plump, tender chicken breasts and then baked. Looking for a way to get your children to eat more vegetables? Look no further. This cheesy goodness should do the trick.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb vegetable side dish recipes:
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon
- Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Paprika Roasted Radishes
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach – From The Primal Low Carb Kitchen Cookbook
Makes Servings: 4 Per Serving: Calories – 416 Protein – 13 g Fat – 38 g Carbs – 5 net g
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs fresh spinach leaves
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the spinach. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté until the spinach is wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan and let it drain. You may need to press it in a colander to remove all of the excess moisture.
- To the same pan, add the heavy cream, Parmesan, mozzarella and goat cheeses. Lower the heat to low and allow the sauce to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the wilted spinach back to the pan and toss until evenly coated in the creamy cheese sauce.