There is something so mouth-watering about preparing this creamed spinach recipe with a thick, juicy cut of steak. They complement each other perfectly. This creamed spinach is also delicious stuffed inside of plump, tender chicken breasts and then baked. Looking for a way to get your children to eat more vegetables? Look no further. This cheesy goodness should do the trick.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb vegetable side dish recipes:
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon
- Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Paprika Roasted Radishes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print
Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach – From The Primal Low Carb Kitchen Cookbook
Makes Servings: 4
Calories – 416
Protein – 13 g
Fat – 38 g
Carbs – 5 net g
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh spinach leaves
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the spinach. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté until the spinach is wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan and let it drain. You may need to press it in a colander to remove all of the excess moisture.
- To the same pan, add the heavy cream, Parmesan, mozzarella and goat cheeses. Lower the heat to low and allow the sauce to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the wilted spinach back to the pan and toss until evenly coated in the creamy cheese sauce.
Draining the spinach before returning it to the pan is key! Love this recipe:)